Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Children's Book to Teach the Big Bang to preschoolers
First Children's Book to Teach the Big Bang to preschoolers
Hi everyone,

I wrote and illustrated the first book to teach the Big Bang theory to preschoolers. There are other books for kids, but they're a little wordy...this is a rhyming introduction/primer!

I am crowdfunding and the book is currently 90% funded on Kickstarter...if you're interested, search "Georgia's Telescope" on kickstarter — I am new here so I can't post links yet Sad

So my question is where do I look for more people who might be interested? 

Thanks!
RE: First Children's Book to Teach the Big Bang to preschoolers
On one hand, I wouldn't think preschoolers need to know that kind of stuff, but on the other hand I've seen a lot of churchgoers take their infants to church. So we might as well not give the theists too much of a head start on their indoctrination.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 24, 2017 at 3:11 pm)Chad32 Wrote: On one hand, I wouldn't think preschoolers need to know that kind of stuff, but on the other hand I've seen a lot of churchgoers take their infants to church. So we might as well not give the theists too much of a head start on their indoctrination.

Yes – the most important part to me in writing the book was encouraging kids to analyze the world. It actually really encourages science and having them be critical and analyze and discover!
(June 24, 2017 at 3:11 pm)Chad32 Wrote: On one hand, I wouldn't think preschoolers need to know that kind of stuff, but on the other hand I've seen a lot of churchgoers take their infants to church. So we might as well not give the theists too much of a head start on their indoctrination.

And I know a lot of fundies who don't have the education of a pre-schooler.
(June 24, 2017 at 3:14 pm)GeorgiasTelescope Wrote:

Yes – the most important part to me in writing the book was encouraging kids to analyze the world. It actually really encourages science and having them be critical and analyze and discover!

Right -- you gotta get 'em when they're young. I taught my son BB when he asked where we all came from, around four years old. He got it.

Children are a lot smarter than us adults credit them.

You can bet that I will tell my kids about the big bang before they hit school - especially if they ask questions. Incidentally, the people working at our daycare are part of a program sponsored by a local software billionaire where they all learn about astronomy. I also teach maths to future daycare and kindergarten teachers (it's an elective for those who want to go to college), and usually give them a primer on cosmology as well on the side. They eat it up.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 24, 2017 at 4:16 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 24, 2017 at 3:14 pm)GeorgiasTelescope Wrote: Yes – the most important part to me in writing the book was encouraging kids to analyze the world. It actually really encourages science and having them be critical and analyze and discover!

Right -- you gotta get 'em when they're young. I taught my son BB when he asked where we all came from, around four years old. He got it.

Children are a lot smarter than us adult credit them.

Agreed! A lot of people forget that kids learn faster and though they might not understand the specific math, they are better learners than we are. It's just a matter of if we are smart enough to teach them!

(June 24, 2017 at 4:27 pm)Alex K Wrote: You can bet that I will tell my kids about the big bang before they hit school - especially if they ask questions. Incidentally, the people working at our daycare are part of a program sponsored by a local software billionaire where they all learn about astronomy. I also teach maths to future daycare and kindergarten teachers (it's an elective for those who want to go to college), and usually give them a primer on cosmology as well on the side. They eat it up.

Sweet – if you know anyone who's interested in a Big Bang book for preschoolers, let them know. Georgia's Telescope is 90% funded now!

Moderator Notice
link removed
GeorgiasTelescope Wrote: Sweet – if you know anyone who's interested in a Big Bang book for preschoolers, let them know. Georgia's Telescope is 90% funded now!

Moderator Notice
link removed

Wrong language for that, but if it's successful, a translation  might be in order.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Is advertising your book your motive for being on the forum? 

From your threads and posts it appears that it is.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 24, 2017 at 3:09 pm)GeorgiasTelescope Wrote: Hi everyone,

I wrote and illustrated the first book to teach the Big Bang theory to preschoolers. There are other books for kids, but they're a little wordy...this is a rhyming introduction/primer!

I am crowdfunding and the book is currently 90% funded on Kickstarter...if you're interested, search "Georgia's Telescope" on kickstarter — I am new here so I can't post links yet Sad

So my question is where do I look for more people who might be interested? 

Thanks!

I think there is a rule about not advertising until a certain amount of posts. Secondly why would anyone send money to people they don't know especially only after 9 posts?

You may be lagit, but there are also lots of scammers out there too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big squarish dick-thing in Dune? Gawdzilla Sama 26 1489 January 10, 2024 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 1028 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Will you miss the big theaters? Gawdzilla Sama 51 3466 January 13, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th. Gawdzilla Sama 2 256 December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Book banning Spongebob 39 3184 December 21, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Unofficial Big Bang Theory fan thread. Brian37 34 10196 May 19, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1108 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Favorite Book From Childhood T0 Th3 M4X 16 2003 December 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Being a Big Band/Contemp Jazz & Metallica fan... Brian37 5 963 April 15, 2018 at 4:06 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Gay bunny book outsells Pence family's bunny book Foxaèr 1 384 March 20, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain