Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD!
The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD!
The Fundies are at it again.  Billy Graham's daughter (among others) are pointing at the eclipse and screaming "the sky is falling!".  It's a sign to REPENT!  God is speaking to you!

http://www.faithfamilyamerica.com/billy_...ng_eclipse

They claim that god will use the eclipse to give a message to America.  Dunno what that message IS, other than the vague "repent".  
A predictable celestial phenomenon is a sign from gawd.  When will they ever wake up?  When will they realize that their "god" is really crappy at communicating -
he can't even give this small group of loonies the message that he supposedly manipulated the sun and moon to give to his pet humans?
Mind-boggling.

Dodgy
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: The ECLIPSE! It's going to be a sign from GAWD!
I had nothing to do with this one.
Someone who wanted t see the eclipse was telling me these things happen all over the world like 52 times a year. I'm not sure I really believe it, but it's not the huge mystical event that people make it out to be. It's just the moon moving between the sun and the earth. It's not a big deal.

Well, I won't knock people for wanting to see it. You guys have fun. But really it's not a sign from the gods.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 15, 2017 at 10:13 am)Chad32 Wrote: Someone who wanted t see the eclipse was telling me these things happen all over the world like 52 times a year. I'm not sure I really believe it, but it's not the huge mystical event that people make it out to be. It's just the moon moving between the sun and the earth. It's not a big deal.

Well, I won't knock people for wanting to see it. You guys have fun. But really it's not a sign from the gods.

No rational person thinks it's more than just a big light show in the sky.
Funny how evil godless scientists can predict to the second when this eclipse will occur, ain't it ??

If it really was a god thing, he might consider for greater impact making it a SURPRISE !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Wow. It's something we've been able to predict with remarkable accuracy for decades, if not centuries (and I know for a fact that Ptolemy actually had a reasonably accurate method for predicting lunar eclipses, and Edmund Halley predicted the time of a 1715 solar eclipse within an accuracy of four minutes), and we still have people (who should, theoretically, know better) who think it's God sending a message.

Well, at least they've hedged their bets saying it would contain a sign from God and not actually being a sign from God.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I actually met someone once who thought lighting came from god. I forgot to ask him which god. I was mainly just perplexes that a middle aged man would think something like that. I told him he must have failed his physical science class.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Wonder if they'll give it as much credence as Heaven's Gate people gave Hale-Bopp?

The article did say that they were to "rend our hearts".
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 15, 2017 at 11:33 am)Chad32 Wrote: I actually met someone once who thought lighting came from god. I forgot to ask him which god. I was mainly just perplexes that a middle aged man would think something like that. I told him he must have failed his physical science class.

Dear old dad always said thunder was from the potato wagon rolling down the road.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

From the link>

Quote:That's the question some Bible scholars have been weighing as this unique eclipse is about to happen on August 21st. It is the first of its kind to be seen within America since 1257.

What's the stupid cow talking about? Alex K, get your arse over here.

Found it.

Quote:Astronomers dubbed the upcoming event the Great American Eclipse because for the first time since 1257 — yes, 760 years — the total solar eclipse will touch only American soil.

A big 'So Fucking What?'
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2285 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1494 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2732 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If you knew for certain that you were going to Hell zwanzig 32 2987 March 9, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Telling children that they are going to hell is abusive? Fake Messiah 104 9131 February 9, 2020 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Nice Going, "God." Minimalist 65 17204 October 13, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5059 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2767 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are you going to hell... Drich 143 18459 February 5, 2016 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  How would you suggest going about dealing with an ignorant extended family member GoHalos1993 21 3743 January 1, 2016 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain