Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Seems Bill Maher Was Right Again
It Seems Bill Maher Was Right Again
A few years back he noted:  "Not every republican is a racist but, if you are a racist, you are most likely a republican."

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/poll-mos...responses/

Quote:Poll: Most Republicans back Trump’s protest responses

Quote:And a new CBS poll released Thursday morning showed a large majority of GOP members even back the president’s response to and handling of the Charlottesville, Virginia, protest that resulted in the death of one woman and reignited racial tensions throughout the country.

The results showed 67 percent of Republicans approved of Trump’s response, compared to 82 percent of Democrats disapproving and 55 percent of respondents overall claiming disapproval.

One unintended side benefit of all this is that it is flushing these vermin into the light.
RE: It Seems Bill Maher Was Right Again
(August 17, 2017 at 1:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: RE: It Seems Bill Maher Was Right Again

It's hard to be wrong when speaking ill of the republicans, Min.

The question is are the democrats willing to subordinate everything to the goal of the destruction of the political power of the republican base, or will it remain a herd of self-righteous cats more interesting in asserting to themselves they are individually right, rather than a group dedicated to the defeat of the overarching wrong before their eyes.
(August 17, 2017 at 1:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A few years back he noted:  "Not every republican is a racist but, if you are a racist, you are most likely a republican."

Quote:And a new CBS poll released Thursday morning showed a large majority of GOP members even back the president’s response to and handling of the Charlottesville, Virginia, protest that resulted in the death of one woman and reignited racial tensions throughout the country.

The results showed 67 percent of Republicans approved of Trump’s response, compared to 82 percent of Democrats disapproving and 55 percent of respondents overall claiming disapproval.

One unintended side benefit of all this is that it is flushing these vermin into the light.

Quelle suprise. You vote for a party which wants you to hate America long enough you begin to start hating America.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
That's how the republicans turned into neo-nazis..isn't it? Their leader kept telling them how weak and pathetic america was, how everyone was laughing at us, something about an american carnage? A literal avalanche of tirades meant to make americans suspicious of their neighbors and their crooked federal government.......I suppose, when you take the long view of all of this, t;s no wonder that the Rs hate america and are deadset on dicking as many americans as possible.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 17, 2017 at 1:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A few years back he noted:  "Not every republican is a racist but, if you are a racist, you are most likely a republican."

It was the same over here with Brexit, not all brexiteers were racists but all racists were brexiteers. My wifes uncle was here with his wife and said "we voted brexit because we want the foreigners out" They expected support, they did not get it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 17, 2017 at 1:27 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

It was the same over here with Brexit, not all brexiteers were racists but all racists were brexiteers. My wifes uncle was here with his wife and said "we voted brexit because we want the foreigners out" They expected support, they did not get it.

My brother lives in the UK and he knows quite a few brexshitters. Every single one of them were going on about how great the country would be without "dem furrners". When my brother explained that as an Irishman he was foreign too, they were flabbergasted.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
My best friend's family always votes Democrat, but they are extremely racist. They basically disowned her during the couple of years when she was dating a black guy.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Until 1964 the South was reliably Democratic.  Then Lyndon Johnson pushed through the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with considerable republican support or it would not have passed.  But the president always gets the credit or the blame and Johnson famously noted "I have lost the south for a generation."  Turns out he was overly optimistic.  It's been 53 years and they are getting worse.
The people proposing the apartheid reformation of California are not being perceived as racist, for some reason.

I guess I should consult the Newspeak Dictionary for clarification.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Link, Vorlon? I'd like to read about this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Bill 6720 Jehanne 19 2559 December 16, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I Think Bill Maher Lied CarveTheFive 23 1343 May 17, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1231 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Harriett Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill Fake Messiah 141 6243 January 27, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Maher/Corden and obesity brewer 83 3192 September 27, 2019 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  It Seems That Civilian Courts Don't Have Trouble Convicting Terrorists Minimalist 4 672 November 6, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Clinton campaign declined Bill Maher's help cause he's an atheist. CapnAwesome 21 1556 September 21, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Bill Daily dead at 91 Foxaèr 1 348 September 10, 2018 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bill Cosby Guilty! c172 139 22088 May 11, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Seems Michelle Wolf Was Right All Along Minimalist 6 636 May 3, 2018 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13