Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theresa May resigning as PM
Theresa May resigning as PM
For the Brits here (or those of us who just happen to be obsessed with Britain and her culture), this is proving to be a huge moment:

I'm honestly a bit torn on this. On the one hand, Theresa May has proven to be an utter failure as a PM particularly due to doubling down on Brexit  (which, to be fair, is an utter clusterfuck that nobody could probably pull off cleanly), and has proven to be the British female equivalent to Donald Trump (if he was working in a millieu where acting like a wrestling heel is actually frowned upon).

On the other hand, when she came into power, she was the least popular Home Secretary in history, and after David Cameron fell on his sword with Brexit, she still ended up as the PM. And, given that the front-runner for her successor is Boris "Doesn't understand how a guitar works" Johnson, it doesn't look like things will improve. And since the next general election is a long way away, it looks like Britain is going to end up with more of the same shit (maybe a bit more in the less detestable Cameron mold) for THREE FUCKING YEARS.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Thumbs Up 
RE: Theresa May resigning as PM
May resigning is a good thing; her replacement likely won't.
So the worst prime minister in britain’s History surpassed herself at the final days of her tenure and does her gravest damage to Britain yet by resigning and thus paving the way for an even worse one.
And it's not like Neville Chamberlain, realising she's really dropped the ball and recommending someone who'll actually do right by Britain. If Boris gets the job, shit will be bad. And the sad thing is, barring a general election getting moved up, an endless revolving door of Conservative PMs fucking up over the next three years (like the Liberal Party of Australia has had since 2013) is probably the sanest thing to expect.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I am glad she is going but wished it usher in a better one. Unfortunately the best tory for the job wont get it.

His life is being made into a film staring Orlando Blume and he's quite nice so I don't know why he is a Tory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Stewart

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Whoever gets the job will still have the same problems to deal with (3 years wasted, still not a clue what to do!)
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(May 25, 2019 at 5:31 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Whoever gets the job will still have the same problems to deal with (3 years wasted, still not a clue what to do!)

The entire "Brexit" idea was a con concocted by their conservatives. It never should have happened. The next PM should if they can, reverse it and stop it.
(May 25, 2019 at 8:19 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 25, 2019 at 5:31 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Whoever gets the job will still have the same problems to deal with (3 years wasted, still not a clue what to do!)

The entire "Brexit" idea was a con concocted by their conservatives. It never should have happened. The next PM should if they can, reverse it and stop it.

Sorry, how is a public referendum a 'con'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 25, 2019 at 9:52 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 25, 2019 at 8:19 am)Brian37 Wrote: The entire "Brexit" idea was a con concocted by their conservatives. It never should have happened. The next PM should if they can, reverse it and stop it.

Sorry, how is a public referendum a 'con'?

Boru

Because it was based on lies. In fact the Brexit campaign are in court for the lies they told.
They also took illegal funding and used computers in a way that was morally dubious. Although not yet illegal, only because on one had done it before. (A dry run for the Trump campaign by the way)

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 25, 2019 at 9:59 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(May 25, 2019 at 9:52 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sorry, how is a public referendum a 'con'?

Boru

Because it was based on lies. In fact the Brexit campaign are in court for the lies they told.
They also took illegal funding and used computers in a way that was morally dubious. Although not yet illegal, only because on one had done it before. (A dry run for the Trump campaign by the way)

£300,000 a week for the NHS?? sounds like a lie to me
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theresa May seen off the coast of Blackpool Cod 0 325 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3712 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I may get a lot of heat for this, but here it goes NuclearEnergy 31 8631 September 8, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 9078 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Stay Out Of The Water Chris-Someone May Throw A Harpoon At You Minimalist 14 3650 July 3, 2017 at 4:02 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Sorry, AZ may have passed TX polar bear 12 1973 May 30, 2015 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  He May As Well Fuck With Their Heads Minimalist 10 2504 January 20, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Federal judge may have legalized same sex marriage in Utah. TaraJo 31 7248 December 28, 2013 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Nidal Malik Hasan. May you rot. Creed of Heresy 23 5828 September 3, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Wink New Egyptian constitution may seek to ban all religious parties from politics Big Blue Sky 4 1938 August 19, 2013 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist