Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond-hard, industrial-strength irony.
Diamond-hard, industrial-strength irony.
Quote:I am more concerned with young pre teen children 'coming out' and the pressure on them to be sexualized which leads to bullying and tragic suicides. I could fight, climb trees and wield a catapult with the best of the males. I was a tomboy but that changed big time in my mid teens. Bullying and prejudice will always be with us no matter how liberal or accepting we perceive society becomes but adults should not encourage children to conceptualize their sexual orientation.
That comment was from a person who doesn't like the way things are going these days. She "went with the standard model" and conformed to her gender expectations. Later she complained about kids being "pressured" to accept "non-standard roles". I had to reply:

Quote:When I was in the second grade (1957) there was a boy who was flat-out gay. This caused a problem for his father. "I couldn't be seen as the father of a faggot." The jury disagreed and he got life for killing his son.
RE: Diamond-hard, industrial-strength irony.
I wonder where he read about gays being bad or evil? Dunno

I think we all know...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Adults should encourage children not to fucking bully. If your child is a bully you've fucking failed as a parent. You should have never been allowed to reproduce in the first place.
(September 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm)Divinity Wrote: Adults should encourage children not to fucking bully.  If your child is a bully you've fucking failed as a parent.  You should have never been allowed to reproduce in the first place.
People are hierarchical animals.  It's our nature to try to dominate other people.  The capability and desire to bully others is part of our behavior and can't be deleted.
(September 14, 2017 at 11:25 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
Quote:I am more concerned with young pre teen children 'coming out' and the pressure on them to be sexualized which leads to bullying and tragic suicides. I could fight, climb trees and wield a catapult with the best of the males. I was a tomboy but that changed big time in my mid teens. Bullying and prejudice will always be with us no matter how liberal or accepting we perceive society becomes but adults should not encourage children to conceptualize their sexual orientation.
That comment was from a person who doesn't like the way things are going these days. She "went with the standard model" and conformed to her gender expectations. Later she complained about kids being "pressured" to accept "non-standard roles". I had to reply:

Quote:When I was in the second grade (1957) there was a boy who was flat-out gay. This caused a problem for his father. "I couldn't be seen as the father of a faggot." The jury disagreed and he got life for killing his son.

He'd probably flip his shit if he saw pictures of my son in the prom dress he wore this past May to his boyfriend's senior prom. 
My kid looked absolutely stunning and I am so proud of both of them for doing what they wanted instead of what some members of society wants to dictate. If those people have a problem with my son being gay - those people can fuck off.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(September 16, 2017 at 3:10 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(September 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm)Divinity Wrote: Adults should encourage children not to fucking bully.  If your child is a bully you've fucking failed as a parent.  You should have never been allowed to reproduce in the first place.
People are hierarchical animals.  It's our nature to try to dominate other people.  The capability and desire to bully others is part of our behavior and can't be deleted.

I think operative word is animals.  Religious people who believe that god conjured us out of the void as some higher being above the rest of nature need to turn on Nat Geo.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2211 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Trump rap: going hard WinterHold 0 353 June 30, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Use this to check your irony meter. Gawdzilla Sama 5 527 August 6, 2018 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Conservatards: Irony Is Wasted On Them! Minimalist 11 2242 January 29, 2018 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  What are those die hard Trump defenders getting in return for their loyalty? NuclearEnergy 16 4779 July 12, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Trump : "It's Hard!" chimp3 13 3139 April 29, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Irony, Thy Name Is Borowitz! Minimalist 7 1149 April 19, 2017 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why should my hard earned money go to those less fortunate? Loading Please Wait 147 12122 December 13, 2016 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Oh, The Irony..... Minimalist 0 411 October 28, 2016 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Having a hard time really knowing who to trust in politics anymore EruptedCarcassBloat 32 4312 October 19, 2016 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Macoleco