Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathos article atheists can identify with.
Pathos article atheists can identify with.
Since being online since 2001 on an almost daily basis, I hear constant stories like the one you are about to read. The more disturbing ones to me are the ones that involve teens having to live in silence, or have been kicked out of the house. My younger sister came out as an adult and our biological family did not respond well to it, but after some time, they have accepted it even though we know they still don't like it. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...us-mother/
RE: Pathos article atheists can identify with.
It's easy to suggest she tell that detestable cow of a mother to fuck right off, but the damage done to the daughter runs very deep.. Christianity; fucking the human psyche one mind at a time.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(September 19, 2017 at 10:24 am)Succubus Wrote: It's easy to suggest she tell that detestable cow of a mother to fuck right off, but the damage done to the daughter runs very deep.. Christianity; fucking the human psyche one mind at a time.

It made me think of my in-laws (and to a lesser degree, my mother). It's eerie how badly religion can mess with people and how those people can in turn fuck up their own kids
[Image: giphy.gif]
I feel so lucky to be born in the UK, most people here don't give a damn if you believe or not
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 19, 2017 at 10:24 am)Succubus Wrote: It's easy to suggest she tell that detestable cow of a mother to fuck right off, but the damage done to the daughter runs very deep.. Christianity; fucking raping the human psyche one mind at a time.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(September 19, 2017 at 10:24 am)Succubus Wrote: It's easy to suggest she tell that detestable cow of a mother to fuck right off, but the damage done to the daughter runs very deep.. Christianity; fucking the human psyche one mind at a time.

Yes.

But failing to do so means the abuse continues.  Even if fucking jesus existed he wouldn't be that important.
You know, there's a lot of articles on Patheos atheists can identify with, some by atheists, some by liberal Christians.

Some of the ones I've read are:

* Slacktivist: politics and talk about religion, with a serialised dissection of the Left Behind series once a week.
* Love, Joy, Feminism: femist who was raised into the Quiverfull movement, and eventually became an atheist.
* Daylight atheism: dissected Atlas Shrugged; even in the comments section, someone added a version where Cobra Commander from G.I. Joe is injected into the plot and turns out to be saner (and actually more moral, because Ayn Rand really set the bar that low) than the rest of the characters.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How much pain can atheists withstand ? The End of Atheism 290 14524 May 13, 2023 at 4:22 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 1959 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2177 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Good Wikipedia article on the History of Atheism. Jehanne 6 1626 April 5, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Why God is scientifically redefinable (an atheist article snippet) MadaraUchihuh 4 1392 March 10, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist) ChoklateWolfy 21 3816 March 2, 2017 at 10:11 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4623 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Atheists: Can You Still Accept X'n Friends? Detachable 76 10739 August 12, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Jesster
  2014 article in online science journal: "Atheists Might Not Exist" Whateverist 15 4053 July 4, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God? Delicate 510 85186 December 30, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda