Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is meaningless for Christians?
Life is meaningless for Christians?
Check this out:

http://mailchi.mp/churchmilitant/vortex-they-

Life is basically meaningless (at least until the end), but yet, they are still going on a cruise here soon.
RE: Life is meaningless for Christians?
I mean I don't really feel like giving this weird site clicks, but I've thought this for quote some time. It always baffled me how Christians and other religious people can say that atheists have no meaning in their lives. If I think that we just live this one life, then die never to experience anything again, how the hell is it meaningless!? If anything, I find more meaning in every second than a Christian does because only one of us is fixated on the future instead of the now.

If you think everything you do has to be for something greater then I feel very sorry for you.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
from a objective standpoint it would seem so.
the fact being in christianity you are taught you are worthless in the eye of a being so much more powerful than you and that
you being alive is a sin and having to kiss said being ass to be let into heaven. That and basically life people around and the world is nothing
complete and udderly nothing in the eyes of all knowing, all good, all loving, all good, "benevolent" being.

from a atheist stand point life has no meaning but it doesn't mean you can't give it meaning. Then again i am a borderline nihilist at times
but i do want whats best mankind i don't want us to artificially make our race extinct.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(October 10, 2017 at 10:03 am)Aegon Wrote: I mean I don't really feel like giving this weird site clicks, but I've thought this for quote some time. It always baffled me how Christians and other religious people can say that atheists have no meaning in their lives. If I think that we just live this one life, then die never to experience anything again, how the hell is it meaningless!? If anything, I find more meaning in every second than a Christian does because only one of us is fixated on the future instead of the now.

If you think everything you do has to be for something greater then I feel very sorry for you.

As this life is all there is then it gives it more meaning.

But then when did what Christians believe ever make any sense.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 10, 2017 at 10:10 am)dyresand Wrote: from a objective standpoint it would seem so.
the fact being in christianity you are taught you are worthless in the eye of a being so much more powerful than you and that
you being alive is a sin and having to kiss said being ass to be let into heaven. That and basically life people around and the world is nothing
complete and udderly nothing in the eyes of all knowing, all good,  all loving, all good, "benevolent" being.

from a atheist stand point life has no meaning but it doesn't mean you can't give it meaning. Then again i am a borderline nihilist at times
but i do want whats best mankind i don't want us to artificially make our race extinct.

For me, it's called believing in life before death.  But, the above site (a conservative Catholic one) reminds me of what a Lutheran pastor said at my grandmother's funeral, "It doesn't really matter when a person dies, if that person is a Christian..."
I always try to point out that we really should not try to single out any one religion.

The idea of a second shot is not unique to Christianity or Jews or Muslims. Hindus and Buddhists have their own superstitions in that of reincarnation and Karma.

The dead polytheism of the Mayans and Greeks and Romans also had their ideas of what happens after death. Even Japan has their versions of what happens to the spirits of their loved ones if they misbehaved or did good in life. The ancient Egyptians also had their concepts of an afterlife.

What is really going on in our species is a comic book projection of our real evolutionary drive to continue.

Life in cosmic time certainly is meaningless yes. But life while our species still exists is extremely important, not just to an individual, but to the collective survival to extend our ride as a species as long as possible, even though nothing lasts forever.
I think life has meaning for christians/any religion. For the most part some of them find at least partial meaning outside of the religion. 

For the part inside, it's like one big very active fan club that they get meaning from. They get together all the time to talk about their star. They have rallies, get together's, book signings, pool parties, magic shows, all to promote their favorite guy/gal. And they get to support each other. When all the people they surround themselves with are doing the same thing they feel accepted, no matter how odd it may appear to outsiders. And the more people they can sign up to join the club, the better they feel. They are part of the in group. They get to say "hey look at me, I'm in the club, I'm somebody!" And they get the added pleasure of being able to look down on the people that don't join, sometimes with pity, sometimes with resentment. 

No, I think they believe they feel their lives have meaning with religion. What they don't understand it that the meaning they are feeling from religion is ultimately pointless. Any tangible meaning that they find with religion could also be found without it.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Jesusism is a death cult.  Always has been.

Sick fucks.
I didn't click the link, but the conclusion is stupid.

If I were religious, I'd find meaning in giving money and time to help other children of God as it's God's will, and I love him, and I love other people, and all that horseshit. Life would be a gift that I wouldn't want to waste. And I'd try to improve the world for the future doing good deeds, and being kind, and blahbity blah blah.

As an Atheist, I don't give a shit about much of anything. I'm going to enjoy my time here as best I can. No grand purpose. Just have a nice time. Then die.

I'd have to do some crazy mental gymnastics to believe I find more meaning in my life than a Christian should find in theirs based on their belief system. On top of the fact, I don't want to try and reach for that conclusion. A meaningless life is pretty nice.
If that's what you would do, if you were religious..then..quixotically, religion needs more people like you.  Not giving a shit about anything isn't something you do "as an atheist" ,however.  Your meaningless life has nothing to do with atheism, that's all you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7800 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31224 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Real life Christians? Foxaèr 27 3513 April 11, 2016 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51151 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Do 'pro-life' Christians ever . . . vorlon13 110 12712 July 29, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15799 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9941 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris