Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do 'pro-life' Christians ever . . .
Do 'pro-life' Christians ever . . .
* voluntarily pay for an extra plane ticket for their unborn child ??

--and--  are they ever pissed off if they are not asked if they want to ??

* Do any christian pro-life businesses ever grant retirement benefits at age 64 years and 3 months for their employees ??

* are any child sexual molestation cases where the age of the victim is germane to sentencing ever factor in that extra 9 months?  (example: if penalties change at age 10 for instance, does that really mean age 9 and 3 months ?)

* when a board game says 'suitable' for ages 4-12, for instance, should a pro-life version of the game be available for parents that feel the game is actually appropriate for children 9 months older (or younger if they are getting as confused about all this as I am, LOL) ??

Huh
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Do 'pro-life' Christians ever . . .
I think you'll find pro-lifers are generally full of shit.
I'm going to hazard a pretty wild guess that the answer is probably most likely in the majority of cases a polite but assertive FUCK NO.
Here you go, V.

You want right-wing horseshit about how much they love fucking babies?  The FSM will provide.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/feat...h-20150622

Quote:In most places, detecting a grave risk to children would inspire people to name a street for you. But in Vernal, a town literally built by oil, raising questions about the safety of fracking will brand you a traitor and a target.
Pro-life is such a horrible label since it's wildly inaccurate. It should really be forced-birth, with a dash of slut shaming on the side.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Well, fetal murder is a thing. Not sure I've heard of fetal rape, though.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I never call them "pro-life"

The don't care about the mother's life, nor do they really care about children living in poverty who have already been born. I feel like these are people who co-opt childrens' rights when it's suitable. It's the same as people who oppose gay adoption on "child welfare" grounds. These people make false display of passion for how much they care about children and life, but at the end of the day what to they actually do, practically, to help poor and/or neglected kids and struggling parents?

Unless you actively push for welfare and financial help for low-income single parents, or actively get involved with organisations that help neglected children, I've really got no time for your "pro-child" opinions on abortion (and gay adoption). I mean even then I'd think your views are stupid, but they're especially transparent when you selectively care about kids to attack women.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Yep, after you birth em they are no longer their (pro-lifers) problem. The after birth issues magically disappear.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I prefer the following distinctions and terminologies:

- Pro-choice for those who support legalization and free-choice over reproductive rights

- Pro-Birth or anti-choice for those who support the prohibition of abortion on all or most circumstances.

- Pro-life for someone who, either generally or in a specific real life scenario thinks not aborting is a more desirable and rational choice, but still retains support for legalization and free choice

- Pro-abortion for someone who thinks abortion is a more desirable choice compared to giving birth and having children.

A pro-abortion or pro-life person can be pro-choice.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

My experience of them is that they will campaign tirelessly to force a woman to have a child, then put just as much effort into ensuring that they get no fiscal or social help to assist in bringing it up (in whatever given situation). Indeed, often they're the same people who lambast young single mothers, as though they can turn back time and suddenly not become pregnant, or who demand there be no family planning or birth control education from the state.

Also, they tend to be 'Murcian, so luckily they have little effect here in Europe, except....:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-...stors.html

Scum bags. Be against abortion if you want, but don't effecticely abuse women seeking an abortion,many of whom will be vulnerable.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7772 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Life is meaningless for Christians? Jehanne 111 12061 October 15, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31175 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Real life Christians? Foxaèr 27 3498 April 11, 2016 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51117 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Is the Bible is Pro-life? Darkstar 32 4305 May 13, 2014 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15784 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
Rainbow Are you a "pro-'gay' bigot" exam offered by xtian church reverendjeremiah 25 8491 April 13, 2011 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Violet
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9936 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris