Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real life Christians?
Real life Christians?
Where are they?

No one today acts Christ-like, thus making them very not Christian.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me most modern pretend Christians are emulating the OT god rather than the NT Jesus.

Shocker.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Real life Christians?
All around you. I am a Christian, but all of my friends were surprised to find out because I don't go around making any deal about it.

We go around helping others because we want to help others. I won't gain any additional reward for helping others, but I feel compelled to just do good because I can.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(April 2, 2016 at 9:43 pm)Kitan Wrote: Where are they?

Right here's one and I have a whole family that are Christians, you might think you can judge me because I'm on the site and you read what I say, how is it you believe you can judge my family, people who would do more for you than you could ever believe if you were in need or expressed a desire for a real need. 

Kitan Wrote:No one today acts Christ-like, thus making them very not Christian.

Again how is it you believe you can judge all Christians, especially when you and the rest here will say, you can't judge us what makes you believe you can? Hoe is it you can have a double standard and refuse the same to everyone else?

Kitan Wrote:Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me most modern pretend Christians are emulating the OT god rather than the NT Jesus.

Without a doubt you're wrong and why not you know nothing about Christianity, the majority of Christians know that the entire Bible is important to Christians. The first Christians did not have the NT, the gained their salvation from hearing and believing what the OT said about Christ. Christ often referred to the OT in His ministry. Christians then had no writings until around 50 A.D., this is when Paul started writing his letters to the churches, the first Gospels were probably started around 60 A.D.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
G-C belongs to a rather odd cult of them.

[Image: d52.jpg]
[Image: quote-the-very-word-christianity-is-a-mi...255968.jpg]
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
My mum's a x-tian and she's a lovely person.
She'd be the first to tell you that some people in her congregation are absolute bitches or arseholes.
She might not use those exact words.
To quote Steve Weinberg - religion is an insult to human dignity.
With or without you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
(April 3, 2016 at 10:53 pm)Little lunch Wrote: My mum's a x-tian and she's a lovely person.
She'd be the first to tell you that some people in her congregation are absolute bitches or arseholes.
She might not use those exact words.
To quote Steve Weinberg - religion is an insult to human dignity.
With or without you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Or Drugs. 
Or are they the same thing?
(April 2, 2016 at 9:43 pm)Kitan Wrote: Where are they?

No one today acts Christ-like, thus making them very not Christian.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me most modern pretend Christians are emulating the OT god rather than the NT Jesus.  

Shocker.

It's easy to get swept up in all the shit people -in this case those who happen to be Christian- but there are a lot of good people out there man.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Good people are greatly differentiated from Christians.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
How so?
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7772 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Life is meaningless for Christians? Jehanne 111 12061 October 15, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31175 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The real "Christians answering questions" thread Foxaèr 17 2624 May 6, 2016 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Going to be real with you christians dyresand 3 1644 September 16, 2015 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  Going to be real with you christians dyresand 2 1360 September 16, 2015 at 1:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51117 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Do 'pro-life' Christians ever . . . vorlon13 110 12691 July 29, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15784 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  A real life "Game of Thrones" junkyardboy 7 2913 February 17, 2013 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Drich