Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A great movie that you have (probably) not seen!
A great movie that you have (probably) not seen!
I have yet to see it, but hear that it is absolutely wonderful!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1436045/?ref_=nv_sr_1

For those of you who do not want to click the link, 13 Assassins is the name of the movie.
RE: A great movie that you have (probably) not seen!
(October 19, 2017 at 4:00 pm)Jehanne Wrote: I have yet to see it, but hear that it is absolutely wonderful!

For those of you who do not want to click the link, 13 Assassins is the name of the movie.

You could tell us why you think it would be abfab?
Not the type of movie I enjoy watching.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 19, 2017 at 5:25 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 4:00 pm)Jehanne Wrote: I have yet to see it, but hear that it is absolutely wonderful!

You could tell us why you think it would be abfab?

Well, it got a 7.6 on the IMDB, which is not too bad.  The Star Wars films are somewhere in the 8-rate.  Consider this thread to be a PSA, by the way.
It's pretty good.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 19, 2017 at 6:34 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 5:25 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: You could tell us why you think it would be abfab?

Well, it got a 7.6 on the IMDB, which is not too bad.  The Star Wars films are somewhere in the 8-rate.  Consider this thread to be a PSA, by the way.

I still don't have a clue why I should watch it. I know nothing about it.
Some rogue swordsmen turn an entire town into a deathtrap. There's a pretty gruesome scene establishing the villain, it sticks with you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 19, 2017 at 7:53 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Some rogue swordsmen turn an entire town into a deathtrap.  There's a pretty gruesome scene establishing the villain, it sticks with you.

Thanks! Sounds like a fun Saturday night.
(October 19, 2017 at 7:57 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 19, 2017 at 7:53 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Some rogue swordsmen turn an entire town into a deathtrap.  There's a pretty gruesome scene establishing the villain, it sticks with you.

Thanks! Sounds like a fun Saturday night.

I didn't want to spoil the plot for you!  Note, though, you'll be watching English subtitles.  The film is in Japanese.
Psh, less talky more stabby.  Could mute it and play Rite of Spring instead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie everyone has seen except you. arewethereyet 23 1935 December 4, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Star Trek - seen them all? onlinebiker 22 1750 February 6, 2020 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3265 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Looking for a video about god (?) and the sixth sense movie Whoobodoobooo 5 753 May 21, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Force Awakens was a disappointing movie Rimi921 13 1271 April 27, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 342 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  SPOILER ALERT: Black Mirror - Bandersnatch (Interactive Movie) GrandizerII 0 214 December 29, 2018 at 1:22 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Have you seen dolls this real? ignoramus 13 555 December 6, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The best oddly satisfying video I've seen. ignoramus 0 200 November 24, 2018 at 1:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 5977 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama