Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry, Brits - "Daft Twerp" Doesn't Begin to Cover It
Sorry, Brits - "Daft Twerp" Doesn't Begin to Cover It
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-41695667

Quote:Conservative backbencher Nicholas Soames, grandson of Sir Winston Churchill, responded to Mr Trump's tweet by calling the US president a "daft twerp" who needed to "fix gun control."
RE: Sorry, Brits - "Daft Twerp" Doesn't Begin to Cover It
Understatement. Takes a little getting used to but very British.
Well, it's your language but dumbass, greasy, dumb-as-a-rock, lying motherfucker gets closer to the reality of the WLB.
Nah, I'm a Murican and fluid in brash talk and description is spot on.
(October 20, 2017 at 12:41 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Understatement.  Takes a little getting used to but very British.

The milder the insult the deeper it is meant....its a british thing.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 20, 2017 at 2:03 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(October 20, 2017 at 12:41 pm)Whateverist Wrote: Understatement.  Takes a little getting used to but very British.

Why spend longer thinking up non-repetitive ways to express your emotion when you can just understate?

It's almost German in its efficiency.
Because subtlety is lost on stupid people?  Just a guess.
(October 20, 2017 at 12:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-41695667

Quote:Conservative backbencher Nicholas Soames, grandson of Sir Winston Churchill, responded to Mr Trump's tweet by calling the US president a "daft twerp" who needed to "fix gun control."

To be honest there with Soames, that's a huge case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
[Image: Upper-Class-Twit-of-the-Year-monty-pytho...00-281.jpg]

Nuff said.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 20, 2017 at 2:03 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Exactly.  Telling someone, 'You're a worthless, useless cuntflake who couldn't manage his way out of an eiderdown quilt without a guide book and a team of fucking sherpas' might get you a dirty look, while, 'Not quite up to scratch at this, are you, mate' could cost you some teeth.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It doesn't matter what you think Pope. Brian37 21 1335 April 5, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1517 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  is this whole thing a cover up? a wag the dog situation? Drich 34 2010 June 5, 2020 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  So, Brits. How's Brexit Going? Minimalist 190 15615 February 4, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Abortion Stats - Something doesn't add up. Minimalist 15 1418 November 23, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Brian37: Sorry For Your Loss BrianSoddingBoru4 2 411 August 6, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The Fucking Moron Just Doesn't Know Anything Minimalist 9 1136 June 8, 2018 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Doesn't The Pro-Birth Crowd Address This? Minimalist 11 1093 June 1, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Did civil war begin in Saudi Arabia? WinterHold 6 691 April 22, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Turd Doesn't Fall Far From The Asshole Minimalist 10 1768 March 23, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37