Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student sits during pledge of allegiance; gets chair kicked out from beneath him
Student sits during pledge of allegiance; gets chair kicked out from beneath him
Quote:A brief video clip showing a Maryland student kicking the chair out from underneath a fellow classmate who is not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance shows what a national political debate looks like in high school form.

https://youtu.be/OL8IIxaeCoU

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/watch-s...llegiance/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Student sits during pledge of allegiance; gets chair kicked out from beneath him
From the bully's instragram page:

Quote:Some people don't understand how disrespectful it is to sit during the pledge or national anthem and deserves to get there ass kicked More of y'all need (stand up) to these jackasses that sit during the pledge.if you have an issue with what I did today talk to me about it not your little buddy's behind my back. #standthef***up #america #dumbass #hedeservedmore #bitch

Sounds like such an upstanding member of society. /s

Refusing the stand for the pledge of national anthem is not disrespectful, it's a form of protest, and protest is exactly how this country was founded. The founding fathers would be proud of the student who sat, and ashamed of the student who kicked the chair.
RE: Student sits during pledge of allegiance; gets chair kicked out from beneath him
(October 25, 2017 at 2:20 pm)Tiberius Wrote: From the bully's instragram page:

Quote:Some people don't understand how disrespectful it is to sit during the pledge or national anthem and deserves to get there ass kicked More of y'all need (stand up) to these jackasses that sit during the pledge.if you have an issue with what I did today talk to me about it not your little buddy's behind my back. #standthef***up #america #dumbass #hedeservedmore #bitch

Refusing the stand for the pledge of national anthem is not disrespectful, it's a form of protest, and protest is exactly how this country was founded. The founding fathers would be proud of the student who sat, and ashamed of the student who kicked the chair.

Let's face it. It's not disrespectful even if you're not protesting.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
In some cases, it's not even a form of protest. Sometimes, it's about people exercising their religious freedom. You know, from that document so many Super Patriots pay lip service to but don't seem to have read.

Maybe someone should explain that to the little cocksucker (and his parents) when he's being arraigned for assault and battery.
Some people don't understand that this country was founded on protest, and if you have a problem with peaceful protesters, then you're about as unamerican as a person can get. Hell, the historical Boston tea party wasn't even a peaceful protest. If I was this kid's history teacher, he'd be writing the first amendment rights on a blackboard one hundred times.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 25, 2017 at 2:34 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(October 25, 2017 at 2:20 pm)Tiberius Wrote: From the bully's instragram page:

Let's face it. It's not disrespectful even if you're not protesting.

I think it is disrespectful if you are not protesting for a particular cause. Not standing up for no other reason than just because you "can't be bothered" is disrespectful. So many people have died for this country and risked their lives for it. Meanwhile someone else can't even be bothered to stand up for 2 minutes? I see that as disrespectdul to those people and especially to those people's families who have to deal with the fear for, and absense/loss of, their loved ones.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 25, 2017 at 2:57 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I think it is disrespectful if you are not protesting for a particular cause. Not standing up for no other reason than just because you "can't be bothered" is disrespectful. So many people have died for this country and risked their lives for it. Meanwhile someone else can't even be bothered to stand up for 2 minutes? I see that as disrespectdul to those people and especially to those people's families who have to deal with the fear for, and absense/loss of, their loved ones.

Which part of the pledge honors the people who died for the country exactly? It's a pledge of allegiance to the United States, it never mentions the military, veterans, war, etc. Same goes for the national anthem, which again is about the country and not the military.

Besides, this was at a school. It may be different if the pledge or anthem is said at an event honoring the troops, but if it's being said at the start of a school day, it has zero to do with anything military.
Quote:I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America

^ This bit is about a flag.

Quote:and to the Republic for which it stands

^ This bit is about the democratic system that the flag represents

Quote:one Nation under God

^ This bit is a lie, but whatever, it's about religion.

Quote:indivisible

^ This bit is ironic, but the sentiment is that we're all Americans and in this together.

Quote:with liberty and justice for all.

^ This is the bit people generally protest, because we don't have liberty and justice for all.

Literally nothing about the pledge is about the military, references the military, honors the people who have died for this country, etc, etc.
(October 25, 2017 at 3:06 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(October 25, 2017 at 2:57 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I think it is disrespectful if you are not protesting for a particular cause. Not standing up for no other reason than just because you "can't be bothered" is disrespectful. So many people have died for this country and risked their lives for it. Meanwhile someone else can't even be bothered to stand up for 2 minutes? I see that as disrespectdul to those people and especially to those people's families who have to deal with the fear for, and absense/loss of, their loved ones.

Which part of the pledge honors the people who died for the country exactly? It's a pledge of allegiance to the United States, it never mentions the military, veterans, war, etc. Same goes for the national anthem, which again is about the country and not the military.

Furthermore, how many veterans do you know who will tell you that they fought for a loyalty oath or a flag?

My brother sure as hell didn't and has said so many times. To paraphrase him, "I didn't do four fucking tours to mandate group think and public oaths of loyalty." Then again, my brother understood the nature of his induction oath, knows his Constitution, and isn't terribly impressed by symbols.

On a side note, upon leaving the army, little brother Brian went on to complete his Master's degree and is now a school counselor in South Dakota. I chuckle at the thought of the students who think they might get over on him. The Sergeant neither plays nor suffers fools gladly.
Yes, it is so disrespectful to think for yourself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 640 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 781 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  All the god-ding in the world couldn't fix him arewethereyet 17 1296 May 12, 2021 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1511 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 464 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 942 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1334 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 2842 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2489 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 533 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope