Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody done Whole Body Vibration?
Anybody done Whole Body Vibration?
Down pervs, down.

A friend of mine said he went to a demo of one and thought it did him some good. The net tells me that there are some benefits for those that are exercise impaired (of which I am one, old fart with a bad knee) and I don't find reports of any negative effects.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifes...q-20057958

Any of you have any thoughts/input?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Anybody done Whole Body Vibration?
mayo clinic...? hmm reminds me of a certain ham... Tongue

I used to own a vibration/massage chair, it did make me feel a bit relaxed but other than that I didn't see any other health benefits.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I drove across a cobblestone street in Charlestown, SC at 20 mph.  Does that count?

I thought the fillings were coming out of my teeth.
(November 6, 2017 at 3:13 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Down pervs, down.

A friend of mine said he went to a demo of one and thought it did him some good. The net tells me that there are some benefits for those that are exercise impaired (of which I am one, old fart with a bad knee) and I don't find reports of any negative effects.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifes...q-20057958

Any of you have any thoughts/input?

Seems like quack to me. It says in the article, lacks proof. your friend may and may not being effect of placebo.

The physics doesn't add up.

Go do skydive. It's my suggestion.
Hey. If someone can find a way to vibrate this fat off me, I'd be very happy.

I too seem to be allergic to exercise. Joined PF a month ago and because of my knee, I haven't been able to go.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I think it falls into the category of "it won't hurt, but probably won't work either." Seems very placebo-y in my opinion, but that doesn't mean the placebo effect doesn't actually make people feel a little better. If you give it a shot and feel better, then good! The only issue would be if you chose to vibrate in the place of actual medical stuff, but I think you're smart enough to know that.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I ride in Mexican taxis on Mexican cobblestone streets. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than any USAian doctor.
Just so you have more info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole_body_vibration

You can also google: ncbi whole body vibration : to see the different conditions/disease states with applicable studies. 

And ya, I'm skeptical also.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yes, I was vacationing and they had one of those beds you put quarters in.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(November 6, 2017 at 3:40 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I think it falls into the category of "it won't hurt, but probably won't work either."  Seems very placebo-y in my opinion, but that doesn't mean the placebo effect doesn't actually make people feel a little better.  If you give it a shot and feel better, then good!  The only issue would be if you chose to vibrate in the place of actual medical stuff, but I think you're smart enough to know that.

This.

I suspect a placebo effect, too.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body shaming, and "My Big Fat Fabulous Life" Aroura 100 21871 August 5, 2016 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  The simple body test that proves the theory of evolution TubbyTubby 17 2758 March 22, 2016 at 5:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Does the existance of Self Aware animals futher question the whole Creationsim argumet pop_punks_not_dead 10 8253 February 14, 2013 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: pop_punks_not_dead
  If anybody thinks humans and chimps aren't related. Zen Badger 7 3040 September 30, 2011 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused