Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statler Waldorf - Raising from the dead.
Statler Waldorf - Raising from the dead.
(November 1, 2010 at 9:15 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: You would be one of the people standing there after Lazarus rose from the dead saying, "no no, there must be a natural explaination for this!

You say that as if it were a bad thing. Of course I would say No no, there must be an explaination because what is more reasonable, the dude 'rose from the dead!®' or he was knocked out, badly injured, nearly undetectable pulse, (insert reasonable explaination here)?

Really SW? You would prefer a 'spirits from a ghostly realm performed some magic' type explaination?

Now if the dead person had his head loped off and the body retreived and reattached the head THEN maybe we can discuss this 'miracles' thing.

I'm not asking for evidence to back a claim here and there or question you as above in any trolling manner. I'm sincerly curious as to what your answer would be and then ask you 'why?'.

I also asked if you could provide evidence of your claim "We observe events that violate natural laws quite often." Please respond.

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
RE: Statler Waldorf - Raising from the dead.
*Waits for some convoluted apologetic that really doesn't answer anything*
I didn't even know he was dead.

Should we send flowers or just the fertilizer?
He is the fertilizer min Smile
(November 1, 2010 at 9:15 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: You just give creedence to Jesus' statement that unbelievers could see someone rise from the dead and not believe. You would be one of the people standing there after Lazarus rose from the dead saying, "no no, there must be a natural explaination for this! Miracles don't ever happen!". It just shows how you are not able to believe unless chosen by God. That ancient book that you detest so much has you all figured out and it is quite amusing. If you guys didn't all do exactly what Scripture predicted you would do, then I would have to actually worry about its validity, good thing you all act exactly how it says you will act.

I don't need to resort to any deranged buffoon nor refer to any idiotic holy book to predict exactly what you will do, Statler. That will put me on par with your man-god then.

To be sure, after Lazarus rose from the dead I would stand there and yawn. I can go to many bush medicine men, witch doctor, or run-of-the-mill charlatan to view a better staged performance of the same nature. The natural explanation is Jesus was a charlatan and his followers dumb as posts.

I have found this most typical.

I simply ask for evidence for a assertion made by some theist and I get ignored. I ask a question for clarification about statements made and I get ignored.

I guess it's hard to hear me when they got their fingers in their ears singing "La la la la la la la".
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
At least he didn't tell you to go read the fucking bible, Dote.
”The laws of nature are the way we describe how the world usually works. If someone drops an apple, it falls to the floor. That’s gravity. However, if someone were to drop an apple and I were to reach over and grab it before it hit the ground, I wouldn’t be overturning the law of gravity. I would simply be intervening. In a similar way, God is able to reach into the world that he created by performing a miracle. He isn’t contravening or overturning the laws of nature. He’s simply intervening” - J.P. Moreland

"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
That would be assuming 'He' existed and could perform such 'miracles'.
(November 6, 2010 at 5:33 am)tackattack Wrote: ”The laws of nature are the way we describe how the world usually works. If someone drops an apple, it falls to the floor. That’s gravity. However, if someone were to drop an apple and I were to reach over and grab it before it hit the ground, I wouldn’t be overturning the law of gravity. I would simply be intervening. In a similar way, God is able to reach into the world that he created by performing a miracle. He isn’t contravening or overturning the laws of nature. He’s simply intervening” - J.P. Moreland

No. "The laws of nature are the way we describe how the world always works."

And with that minor but important correction the entire quote falls apart!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3356 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Raising of Dead Biological Bodies Moonbeam 14 4043 September 19, 2011 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Moonbeam
  The Statler Waldorf Recovery Room Existentialist 13 5236 October 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: orogenicman