Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Atheists of Today Show announcement
The Atheists of Today Show announcement
I have been conceiving of this concept for a web series to make with this excellent animation program I have known as IClone 7. It's  going to be called something like the "Atheism of Today Show." And I've been planning a list of subjects for episodes (a total of 13 so far) and the first episode has to do with the Creation Story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. I've been thinking about how to do the episodes and whether they should be done as a variety show, or as a sitcom, or as series of interviews with myself hosting them.

The characters I have that I want to use are Father O'Daniel, a priest who represents one side of the argument, and Dr. Floyzenfloogen who represents the other side of the argument. And a cute "sock puppet" monkey who represents a child's psychological viewpoint on both sides. I can do so many things with just these three characters alone.

I was wondering if there are any creative minded people on here who would be willing to suggest any additional kinds of characters for the series and any other ways to do the how with them? Anything is welcomed of course and thanks in advance.
RE: The Atheists of Today Show announcement
Sounds interesting. Are you planning on doing this on YouTube? If so post a link when you’ve made your first episode.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 17, 2017 at 1:34 am)Losty Wrote: Sounds interesting. Are you planning on doing this on YouTube? If so post a link when you’ve made your first episode.

Yes, I will be posting it on YouTube and yes, I would like to also post the link to the first episode here. I want to make sure I have the most anticipating audience built first though.

I've thought of having the sock puppet monkey doll belong to a little girl who is questioning the beliefs of her family and the monkey talks to her and he helps her decide on things like a free-thinker, and in-between there are segments like in a regular sitcom about the rest of her family.
I am intrigued... how bout releasing a teaser or sneak-peek?
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I think you could incorporate comedy and elements of debate.
The bugle sounds as the charge begins

But on this battlefield no one wins

- Iron Maiden, The Trooper
Ha, I'm rather excited to see this.

Welcome.
Video 
Aoi Magi: Here is the Youtube video promo. Of course the animation is from IClone 5 and now with IClone 7 it will be updated and look and move much better and more authentic.

Martian Mermaid: Yes, I certainly agree. That is exactly what I plan to put in the show among everything else that will go into it.

(November 17, 2017 at 12:58 am)ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE Wrote: The characters I have that I want to use are Father O'Daniel, a priest who represents one side of the argument, and Dr. Floyzenfloogen who represents the other side of the argument. And a cute "sock puppet" monkey who represents a child's psychological viewpoint on both sides. I can do so many things with just these three characters alone.

Episode suggestion: Father O'Daniel takes sock monkey to a youth retreat. Sock monkey returns but is never the same.
(November 17, 2017 at 5:25 am)ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE Wrote: Aoi Magi: Here is the Youtube video promo. Of course the animation is from IClone 5 and now with IClone 7 it will be updated and look and move much better and more authentic.

Martian Mermaid: Yes, I certainly agree. That is exactly what I plan to put in the show among everything else that will go into it.

LOL
(November 17, 2017 at 4:13 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: I am intrigued... how bout releasing a teaser or sneak-peek?

(November 17, 2017 at 5:59 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(November 17, 2017 at 12:58 am)ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE Wrote: The characters I have that I want to use are Father O'Daniel, a priest who represents one side of the argument, and Dr. Floyzenfloogen who represents the other side of the argument. And a cute "sock puppet" monkey who represents a child's psychological viewpoint on both sides. I can do so many things with just these three characters alone.

Episode suggestion: Father O'Daniel takes sock monkey to a youth retreat. Sock monkey returns but is never the same.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will most likely try to find some way to incorporate it into an episode.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christianity in Africa stats: <10 MN in 1900, 700 MN today. Nishant Xavier 75 3788 July 24, 2023 at 8:30 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are you a better atheist today than you were yesterday? Foxaèr 17 1573 March 24, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  No Financial Inclusion Today! No Financial Inclusion Tomarrah! Or For Eternity, Even mascale 21 2097 August 12, 2019 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Could this exciting 2019 comedy show about God, concern artificial intelligence? blue grey brain 8 1278 February 22, 2019 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2196 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Atheist Experience talk show by Matt Dillahunty and others Alexmahone 12 2679 December 6, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Today is Chapter One of my new life Won2blv 15 2451 October 23, 2016 at 4:31 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why is it so hard to be openly atheist in today's world Ghost2282 63 11686 March 30, 2015 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  I was having lunch with an Atheist today... Mystic 28 6993 January 12, 2015 at 7:05 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  So my high school teacher is on the front page of the Huffington Post today... Mudhammam 22 5146 July 28, 2014 at 11:26 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain