Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mankind is actually building "Gods"
Mankind is actually building "Gods"
[Image: DaQ6mM1.png]

Like Sam Harris the atheist says, we are building Gods.

1. The God that he is referring to is quite disparate from the theistic God.
  2. Of course, I am an atheist, and like Sam, I tend to discuss the inevitable emergence of this super-intelligent "God". (See this paper to see how it is possible to support "God" concept while being an atheist.)
  3. The God that Sam is referring to, is all about artificial general intelligence.

Anyway, it would seem "God" as it relates to artificial intelligence, has been on github since 2016.

Thanks for reading.
RE: Mankind is actually building "Gods"
It's just an artificial mind, which also will be used for sex robots and for killing people. F it.
I'm sick to fuck hearing about this. There's hardly a week goes by without some alarmist bullshit documentary on the telly or some click bait in the Telegraph by that talentless hack Sarah Knapton. Artificial intelligence has been with us for years, artificial consciousness on the other hand is many years away, and will probably remain so. We first need to know how ours works, you can't make a copy of something without a detailed understanding of the original.
The vacuous pesh that is Coronation Street has held morons in rapture for fifty seven fucking years, this is indeed an enigma. Until we discover why humans can be such mindless cunts don't talk to me about artificial intelligence.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(December 6, 2017 at 2:00 pm)Succubus Wrote: I'm sick to fuck hearing about this. There's hardly a week goes by without some alarmist bullshit documentary on the telly or some click bait in the Telegraph by that talentless hack Sarah Knapton. Artificial intelligence has been with us for years, artificial consciousness on the other hand is many years away, and will probably remain so. We first need to know how ours works, you can't make a copy of something without a detailed understanding of the original.
The vacuous pesh that is Coronation Street has held morons in rapture for fifty seven fucking years, this is indeed an enigma. Until we discover why humans can be such mindless cunts don't talk to me about artificial intelligence.

Lol you mad bro?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
We are indeed in the process of building gods. We are also in the process of building life. The combination of the two will be stunning!

But, I am very excited about quantum computing because not only will it dramatically increase the computing power of artificial intelligent gods but will also dramatically improve the types of problems that AI can solve. It's such an exciting time to live with so many technological advances. Watch this space!
Ha you can't build god, they're just proving he exists. If you build an all powerful all knowing machine, that proves there has always been a god because time is not linear, it doesn't exist because it can only be measured relative to motion. It is simply the 4th dimension.
(December 10, 2017 at 11:13 pm)macgyver151 Wrote: Ha you can't build god, they're just proving he exists.

I don't accept that premise.

Quote: If you build an all powerful all knowing machine, that proves there has always been a god because time is not linear, it doesn't exist because it can only be measured relative to motion.

Does not follow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 29493 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2633 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Are humans Gods? (article by an atheist) ChoklateWolfy 21 3884 March 2, 2017 at 10:11 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Birth of Gods Nishant 2 1151 January 3, 2017 at 5:48 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5445 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gods immorality. Socratic Meth Head 105 19032 April 9, 2016 at 9:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheists have no morals? Islam & Christianity are actually crazy. bussta33 8 2744 January 16, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Old Style Evie/Why "gods" are bullshit. Edwardo Piet 52 10493 January 14, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Gods? No way TheoneandonlytrueGod 15 4419 December 4, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  8 atheist leaders actually worth listening to MattB 43 10563 July 26, 2015 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Chas