Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists?
Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists?
I am an atheist. 

Sometimes I think of hypotheticals, like if Gods were atheists too, and by Gods I mean some sort of extra smart group of scientists. 
Wouldn't be so far-fetched, because as time passes atheism increases, and more scientists become atheists.

Our games are only getting better, with time.
Look at how photorealistic this 2160p 3d game scene is:

This new youtube video goes through the possibility nicely:

RE: Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists?
I think this is pretty much the perfect working example (since this guy is basically god-like in his scientific ability):

Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(August 23, 2017 at 11:50 pm)Astonished Wrote: I think this is pretty much the perfect working example (since this guy is basically god-like in his scientific ability):

The infamous Rick.
Yes, I am reminded of that universe he made, just to power his car battery.
(August 23, 2017 at 11:52 pm)causal code Wrote:
(August 23, 2017 at 11:50 pm)Astonished Wrote: I think this is pretty much the perfect working example (since this guy is basically god-like in his scientific ability):

The infamous Rick.

Among other shining examples of how he frequently outdoes Yahweh in his destructive proclivities.

I actually had an interesting idea for an episode; Rick and Morty wind up in an alien prison trying to break out the inmates who are being cruelly tortured and not allowed to die, and once Morty releases them against Rick's advice, it turns out, they're all the gods from various religions, and the only way Rick and Morty have to get out of there alive is to turn them against each other, which works, and none of them are left standing except one, a pacifist, whom Rick kills just for closure or something. That would be really awesome if they went with something like that.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(August 23, 2017 at 11:59 pm)Astonished Wrote:
(August 23, 2017 at 11:52 pm)causal code Wrote: The infamous Rick.

Among other shining examples of how he frequently outdoes Yahweh in his destructive proclivities.

I actually had an interesting idea for an episode; Rick and Morty wind up in an alien prison trying to break out the inmates who are being cruelly tortured and not allowed to die, and once Morty releases them against Rick's advice, it turns out, they're all the gods from various religions, and the only way Rick and Morty have to get out of there alive is to turn them against each other, which works, and none of them are left standing except one, a pacifist, whom Rick kills just for closure or something. That would be really awesome if they went with something like that.

I thought they were going in a different direction.
I remember many times, when Rick tells Morty there is no God.
But then again, there was that get schwifty episode.
Just a thought. There could be a reality in which that is the case, what with all the infinite multiverse to explore.

---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 15635 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 29489 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Atheistic calendar Interaktive 38 3513 December 26, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Could this exciting 2019 comedy show about God, concern artificial intelligence? blue grey brain 8 1298 February 22, 2019 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6528 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If you could correct "god's" mistakes... The Valkyrie 50 12882 April 23, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Mankind is actually building "Gods" Face2face 6 2159 December 11, 2017 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Make up your own atheistic quote Transcended Dimensions 56 9672 October 30, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Atheistic religions Der/die AtheistIn 21 6774 August 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  The only way I could believe ....... Brian37 16 3412 April 28, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah