Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get in to heaven.
Get in to heaven.
This priest is so fanatical because he wants to get in to heaven?

RE: Get in to heaven.
Seems more like he wants to get into your life. / shrugs
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This reminds me of the saying, "If god is your copilot, switch seats". I find it odd that this god, who can speak whatever he wants into existence, would demand your most valuable things. Your time, your money, whatever you grow or make. He doesn't need it. You do need it. Your family and friends need it. It should be a red flag that this is not about giving to god, but about giving to people in power, who claim to speak for god.

If someone asked me to give my best to god, I think what I'd do is make a secret stash, and that's my god stash. Nobody else knows where it is, but I pray to god and tell him that he can take from it whatever he wants. Anyone else would just be an unneeded middleman. at the end of my days, I will tell my child about the stash, and say they can have whatever god didn't take, and do the same with their own stash.

I doubt that religious leaders would like that idea.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Um he doesn't mention heaven once...
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 11, 2017 at 2:24 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Um he doesn't mention heaven once...

His fanatical attitude towards religion he show here - practically nothing but God. Is this all just to enjoy heaven?
(December 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm)purplepurpose Wrote:
(December 11, 2017 at 2:24 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Um he doesn't mention heaven once...

His fanatical attitude towards religion he show here - practically nothing but God. Is this all just to enjoy heaven?

It's what's important to him and what gives meaning and fulfillment to his life. People don't normally dedicate their lives to something "just to go to heaven."  

I don't see why you take issue with anything he says. He doesn't want to spend his money on a bunch of material possessions and he doesn't want to listen to obscene music and watch obscene movies. How dare he!  Rolleyes
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 11, 2017 at 2:16 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Seems more like he wants to get into your life. / shrugs

Or into an altar boy's pants.
(December 11, 2017 at 4:09 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(December 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: His fanatical attitude towards religion he show here - practically nothing but God. Is this all just to enjoy heaven?

It's what's important to him and what gives meaning and fulfillment to his life. People don't normally dedicate their lives to something "just to go to heaven."  

I don't see why you take issue with anything he says. He doesn't want to spend his money on a bunch of material possessions and he doesn't want to listen to obscene music and watch obscene movies. How dare he!  Rolleyes

He just wants to spend his money, time, and energy prioritizing something he can't prove to be true. Not the worst thing in the world, I guess, as long as he doesn't start forcing other people to do the same. Except if he has kids, then that's going to hinder their development.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Did anyone else notice that he exhibited rapid and pressured speech? Just sayin.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 11, 2017 at 5:45 pm)Chad32 Wrote:
(December 11, 2017 at 4:09 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: It's what's important to him and what gives meaning and fulfillment to his life. People don't normally dedicate their lives to something "just to go to heaven."  

He just wants to spend his money, time, and energy prioritizing something he can't prove to be true. Not the worst thing in the world, I guess, as long as he doesn't start forcing other people to do the same. Except if he has kids, then that's going to hinder their development.

So basically my development was hindered and if I have a child I will hinder his/her development. Got it. Good thing I'm on AF where I can talk to the "more developed" members of society.

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2079 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  My taste buds are in heaven, but my stomach is in hell. Chad32 12 2548 December 26, 2014 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  In Heaven Everything is Fine. ... just saying and shit. GirlyMan 13 4026 March 25, 2014 at 12:41 am
Last Post: GirlyMan
  what would your heaven look like? paulpablo 26 4559 February 25, 2013 at 3:43 am
Last Post: GalaxyCat
  That Guy's Heaven Kicks ASS! Cinjin 6 1577 May 19, 2011 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist