Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My taste buds are in heaven, but my stomach is in hell.
My taste buds are in heaven, but my stomach is in hell.
I have been indulging in all manner of sweets, and unhealthy food, as I always do around Christmas and Thanksgiving. I wonder if anyone else is supposed to be dieting, but throws that out the window when visiting houses that have chocolates and cakes and pies and starchy foods and everything else you're not supposed to eat. It is wonderful to eat, but my stomach cries out in despair. Luckily there are some antacid pills to take to cut down on that.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: My taste buds are in heaven, but my stomach is in hell.
Omeprazole !!!
You would think a intelligent creator would not have put heaven and hell in the same digestive track.
There is another heaven at the far end !!
I have been eating chocolate for days. I usually don't keep it but this time of year I just felt like it. Yes, I am supposed to be on diet for high cholesterol and overweightness and fatty liver. I'll start back next year (that's what I say every year at least). Hahaha.
[Image: 11591549.jpg]
(December 24, 2014 at 2:18 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I have been indulging in all manner of sweets, and unhealthy food, as I always do around Christmas and Thanksgiving. I wonder if anyone else is supposed to be dieting, but throws that out the window when visiting houses that have chocolates and cakes and pies and starchy foods and everything else you're not supposed to eat. It is wonderful to eat, but my stomach cries out in despair. Luckily there are some antacid pills to take to cut down on that.

If you mean, if I'm fat, yes. Not obese, but overweight nonetheless. If you ask, if I feel like dieting, then no. Just opened another can of beer, though I'm done with eating for today. Dinner at my brother's was enough to get me filled to the brim.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 24, 2014 at 2:28 pm)Chuck Wrote: You would think a intelligent creator would not have put heaven and hell in the same digestive track.

He's a schmuck designer.
(December 24, 2014 at 2:28 pm)Chuck Wrote: You would think a intelligent creator would not have put heaven and hell in the same digestive track.

Or at least make our food hole and air hole not be separated only by a flap, but that's a little off topic.

Not trying to ask if anyone is fat. You don't have to be pushing obese before you decide to eat healthy. I just figured this might make a nice thread around this time of year.

Incidentally I am back home. It was loads of fun, and I'm ready to get back to the regular routine.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I am waiting for the casseroles to get out of the oven. Sweet potato, then the green bean goes in. Then the apple pie, as we're eating. om nom nom.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I had loads of sweets, and I am going to have more. These last few days of the year I'll eat to my fullest. Dieting is part of my annual-new-year-resolution-tradition anyway...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2070 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  Get in to heaven. purplepurpose 24 3699 December 11, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  In Heaven Everything is Fine. ... just saying and shit. GirlyMan 13 4025 March 25, 2014 at 12:41 am
Last Post: GirlyMan
  what would your heaven look like? paulpablo 26 4559 February 25, 2013 at 3:43 am
Last Post: GalaxyCat
  That Guy's Heaven Kicks ASS! Cinjin 6 1577 May 19, 2011 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist