Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow Can't Say I Disagree
Wow Can't Say I Disagree
As a president he is a Mussolini-class buffoon.  As a man he is a fucking pig.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2...945947001/

An editorial in tomorrow's USA TODAY.

Quote:A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.  

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt. 

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.
RE: Wow Can't Say I Disagree
(December 13, 2017 at 1:06 am)Minimalist Wrote: As a president he is a Mussolini-class buffoon.  As a man he is a fucking pig.

Quote:A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.  

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt. 

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

I disagree! I always though W was an indecent asshole! In comparison to Trump he is a saint , but still an indecent assholish saint! And fuck Obama with his winning the Nobel Prize for Peace while remaining a warmonger!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Very well said.
Quote:And fuck Obama with his winning the Nobel Prize for Peace while remaining a warmonger!

You do understand that he did not award that to himself, right?
Speaking about Trump's crass comments on women:
Trump making sexual remarks over 12 year old Paris Hilton on Howard Stern Show

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new...n-w442942/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 13, 2017 at 2:31 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:And fuck Obama with his winning the Nobel Prize for Peace while remaining a warmonger!

You do understand that he did not award that to himself, right?
He could have turned it down!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(December 13, 2017 at 4:18 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Speaking about Trump's crass comments on women:

I totally hate Trump and all . . . but I have gotta be honest . . . watching that . . . Howard Stern seems to be directly asking him if he found her hot at 12 and he said that no he isn't into that and has never been into that.

I'm not defending Trump, of course. I wholly expect him to actually be that much of a pervert. But even I wouldn't pretend someone I hate said something they didn't say.
(December 13, 2017 at 1:06 am)Minimalist Wrote: As a president he is a Mussolini-class buffoon.  As a man he is a fucking pig.

Hold on now. I agree with the description of 45 as not being normal politics, and was saying this when he started his run.

And sure, as inept as I thought Bush Jr was, I would also agree that he never rose to any despot rhetoric scapegoating everyone.

BUT to say that Obama failed, at even the same level as Bush Jr is flat out wrong. No, he couldn't deliver 100% and no president can. But between what Bush Jr left us with, and what Obama left us with, the math is still in, Obama STILL did a far better job.

As half hearted as this admission is, where were these voices last year? Why were they not listening to GOP intel agents WARNING THEM?

45 is a result of long term planning by the GOP, regardless of the seeming growing buyers remorse. The GOP was always using coded dog whistle language to paint the left as commies and anti private sector. They were using dog whistle code to paint right wing Christians as the real victims. All 45 did was stop hiding it.

But yea, even with that, you'd have to go back to the days of segregation to find politicians unafraid to be bigoted dicks. 

Reagan nor Bush Sr or Bush Jr EVER spoke in the dangerous scapegoating way 45 has. But the underpinnings of their support, the fear of times changing, the fear of progress, the entire time, has been the GOP base.

I only hope enough dems realize that we cant afford to let the GOP divide us now, especially now. I hope this win in a deeply red state also says we can win.
(December 13, 2017 at 7:55 am)Hammy Wrote:
(December 13, 2017 at 4:18 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Speaking about Trump's crass comments on women:

I totally hate Trump and all  . . . but I have gotta be honest . . . watching that . . . Howard Stern seems to be directly asking him if he found her hot at 12 and he said that no he isn't into that and has never been into that.

I'm not defending Trump, of course. I wholly expect him to actually be that much of a pervert. But even I wouldn't pretend someone I hate said something they didn't say.

OK then help me to get to the bottom of this (or maybe I help you). Convo basically went like this

Trump: I saw a 12 year old and she was really beautiful (gets horny?).
HS: Would you fuck her?
Trump: No. That's not my thing. I wait until they're 25.

so let's say it was a 5 year old

Trump: I saw a 5 year old and she was really beautiful (gets horny?).
HS: Would you fuck her?
Trump: No. That's not my thing. I wait until they're 25.

Does that sound worse? Or is it all innocent after all? "Fucking a 5 year old is not my fetish." Maybe I am misinterpreting this.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
"Wow Can't Say I Disagree "

um . .

er . . .

uh . . .

but but but, you are so usually disagreeable !!!

What's going on?

I don't like change !!!    STOP IT !!!

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lady Gaga, Wow! AFTT47 20 930 January 21, 2021 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2394 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Democrats Say Don't Support Independents Except... ReptilianPeon 0 375 October 7, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Say Something Nice About President Trump BrianSoddingBoru4 177 15350 June 26, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Do you agree or disagree with this phrase about those who serve in the Millitary? NuclearEnergy 33 4362 October 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  So lets say Trump gets impeached, what happens next? NuclearEnergy 23 5320 July 11, 2017 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The GOP once again suppressing voters who disagree with them NuclearEnergy 27 6902 June 20, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Lets say Hillary won NuclearEnergy 4 1017 June 2, 2017 at 9:40 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 70522 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4447 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy