Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting ready for winter.
Getting ready for winter.
What is your drill for prepping for winter?

You S. California and other fair weather areas needn't rub it in. Next time you have a drought and your state is on fire, we'll go easy on you.

Here - take the window shakers out.
         - move the woodshed ( on wheels) up to the house and fill it with firewood.
  ---  drain out the lawnmower, weed whacker, irrigation pump engines of gasoline, and start them up and run them dry. ( Using " fuel stabilizer" is a dumbassed game that may or may not work. Running stuff dry worked 100% of the time)
Get the hunting blind ready for deer hunting. ( Nov 15)
Put away the patio furniture.
Get the snowblower down from the loft (I have an overhead crane in the barn that Makes storing stuff in the old hay lofts a breeze) and get it serviced.

The last two are all that' s left.

Smile
RE: Getting ready for winter.
Oh you know.

Burn The bodies.
Rally The men.
Assume command.
Send my best friend off to The library.
Get myself killed.
Get myself ressurected
Woe The hot Chick with The dragons.

Then i'm not really sure what comes next.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Nothing. I rent my house and I have an AWD jeep. We keep three shovels here. The landlord discounts our rent when it snows and we volunteer to help shovel sidewalks. $20 an hour per each person. We can usually shave about $150 off our rent each time it snows and we go out to help.
Said landlord also provides us with all the bags of salt that we need. He's cool like that.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Just turn the thermostat up to 22 C, nothing else is needed
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

One month of propane for heat and cooking. Enough gasoline stored outside in metal shed for the generator. Food that doesn't need refrigeration. Cat food.
I put my shorts and short-sleeve shirts away for a couple of weeks and break out the sweat pants and long-sleeve shirts.

Hey, its Arizona.  We consider the 40's to be frigid!
I put my wife on an exercise/weight lifting program.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]onlinebiker:
What is your drill for prepping for winter?

Live where it's never winter. [Image: Thumbs%20Up.png]
Winter doesn't get here until late June-ish. My prep at that time is to make sure I have a raincoat handy.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I dress more warmly, and occasionally wear boots instead of Crocs. That's about it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting to Know the Forum. Disagreeable 0 263 January 23, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Where do i discuss about getting fit ? Megabullshit 109 5115 May 19, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Megabullshit
  It's going to be a WARM winter onlinebiker 8 881 October 9, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2168 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7060 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Find out how much your fellow forum members are getting screwed Catholic_Lady 68 7098 April 13, 2018 at 11:26 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  I Think I'm Getting Ready to Do Something Dumb (and Expensive) Rhondazvous 21 1946 March 29, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  My brother's getting a divorce Mr.Obvious 10 2045 January 12, 2018 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  OMG, I keep getting mistaken for a woman. Brian37 20 5227 January 5, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Children not getting breakfast robvalue 32 4368 January 12, 2017 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger