Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints writings on Jews
Saints writings on Jews
You’ve all heard about Saints and how Christians venerate Saints as the best of Christianity and strive to be like them, claim that they perform miracles because Jesus works through them, but the reality is that they, while they may they be best that Christianity can offer, are still repugnant people, especially when it comes to morality.

Here is what some of them wrote in their books which were popular among Christians.

Saint Justin Martyr, also one of original Church Fathers wrote “[Jews are] behind all the persecutions of the Christians. They wandered through the country everywhere hating and undermining the Christian faith."  Also “blaspheme His name, and wish to torture and put to death us who believe in Him; for in all points they strive to be like [Jews].”

Saint Ambrose described the Jews as, “the most worthless of all men. They are lecherous, greedy, rapacious. They are perfidious murderers of Christ. They worship the Devil. Their religion is a sickness. The Jews are the odious assassins of Christ and for killing God there is no expiation possible, no indulgence or pardon. Christians may never cease vengeance, and the Jew must live in servitude forever. God always hated the Jews. It is essential that all Christians hate them."

Also, in 388 Ambrose defended another bishop accused before the emperor of burning down a synagogue. The emperor ordered the offending bishop to rebuild the synagogue, to which Ambrose demanded of the emperor, “Who cares if a synagogue - a home of unbelief, a house of impiety, a receptacle of folly, which God himself has condemned - is burned?"

Saint Hilary of Poitiers “Jews are a perverse people accursed by God forever.”

Saint Gregory of Nyssa,: “the Jews are a brood of vipers, haters of goodness.”

St. Jerome: “If you call it [a synagogue] a brothel, a den of vice, the Devil's refuge, Satan's fortress, a place to deprave the soul, an abyss of every conceivable disaster or whatever you will, you are still saying less than it deserves.”

Saint Sylvester I (who was also a Pope) ordered: “No priest shall… be friendly or sociable with Jews, nor should anyone take food of drink with the Jews, for if this was decreed by the holy apostles, it is incumbent upon the faithful to obey their command; and the synod shall excommunicate anyone who does not comply with this order.”

St. John Chrysostum (AKA the greatest preacher in the early church) wrote and preached: “Are they not inveterate murderers, destroyers, men possessed by the devil? Jews are impure and impious, and their synagogue is a house of prostitution, a lair of beasts, a place of shame and ridicule, the domicile of the devil, as is the soul of the Jew... As a matter of fact, Jews worship the devil; their rites are criminal and unchaste; their religion a disease; their synagogue an assembly of crooks, a den of thieves, a cavern of devils, an abyss of perdition!” (Homily 4:1)

OK, I think you got the picture, so let’s stop here with the quotations from the saints. I know it’s all disgusting, but hey that’s the Christianity.

But beside the quotations from Saints, Christians invented other saints and saint-like figures which they venerated and claimed how they were killed by Jews. Like William of Norwich 12-year-old boy that Jews had supposedly sacrificed and used his blood in heinous rituals. A monk, Thomas of Monmouth, wrote an account alleging that Jews routinely sacrificed Christian children. The tale spread like wildfire. A church to the martyr St. William was built at Norwich, becoming a site of pilgrimages and miracles. Which led to many mass murders of Jews across the Europe.

Little Saint Hugh of Lincoln was an 8-year-old boy whom Christians believed that Jews first fattened for 10 days with white bread and milk and then almost all the Jews of England were invited to his crucifixion. I don’t have to tell you what happened to Jews after that.

Simon of Trent (in Italy) was beatified as a Catholic martyr after reports said a toddler named Simon had been sacrificed. Nearly all Jews of the city were tortured, tried, and burned. Many miracles were reported at his shrine in Trent. Not until 1965 the Vatican finally ordered a halt to the "cult" of Simon of Trent. This was shortly after Pope John XXIII ended church chants about "the perfidious Jews."

As a side note, there was a Saint that was invented by Jews when in 1491, Jews being tortured by the Holy Inquisition in Spain were made to confess that they had sacrificed a Christian child in a cave near a village called La Guardia. They were burned, and all Jews in their community were murdered. The holy child of La Guardia became a religious legend—yet no such town, or sacrificed child, had existed.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Saints writings on Jews
I once wrote on a Jew. Took a sharpie and wrote ‘Property Of Boru’ on her bum.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 20, 2019 at 8:43 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: You’ve all heard about Saints and how Christians venerate Saints as the best of Christianity and strive to be like them, claim that they perform miracles because Jesus works through them, but the reality is that they, while they may they be best that Christianity can offer, are still repugnant people, especially when it comes to morality.

Here is what some of them wrote in their books which were popular among Christians.

Saint Justin Martyr, also one of original Church Fathers wrote “[Jews are] behind all the persecutions of the Christians. They wandered through the country everywhere hating and undermining the Christian faith."  Also “blaspheme His name, and wish to torture and put to death us who believe in Him; for in all points they strive to be like [Jews].”

Saint Ambrose described the Jews as, “the most worthless of all men. They are lecherous, greedy, rapacious. They are perfidious murderers of Christ. They worship the Devil. Their religion is a sickness. The Jews are the odious assassins of Christ and for killing God there is no expiation possible, no indulgence or pardon. Christians may never cease vengeance, and the Jew must live in servitude forever. God always hated the Jews. It is essential that all Christians hate them."

Also, in 388 Ambrose defended another bishop accused before the emperor of burning down a synagogue. The emperor ordered the offending bishop to rebuild the synagogue, to which Ambrose demanded of the emperor, “Who cares if a synagogue - a home of unbelief, a house of impiety, a receptacle of folly, which God himself has condemned - is burned?"

Saint Hilary of Poitiers “Jews are a perverse people accursed by God forever.”

Saint Gregory of Nyssa,: “the Jews are a brood of vipers, haters of goodness.”

St. Jerome: “If you call it [a synagogue] a brothel, a den of vice, the Devil's refuge, Satan's fortress, a place to deprave the soul, an abyss of every conceivable disaster or whatever you will, you are still saying less than it deserves.”

Saint Sylvester I (who was also a Pope) ordered: “No priest shall… be friendly or sociable with Jews, nor should anyone take food of drink with the Jews, for if this was decreed by the holy apostles, it is incumbent upon the faithful to obey their command; and the synod shall excommunicate anyone who does not comply with this order.”

St. John Chrysostum (AKA the greatest preacher in the early church) wrote and preached: “Are they not inveterate murderers, destroyers, men possessed by the devil? Jews are impure and impious, and their synagogue is a house of prostitution, a lair of beasts, a place of shame and ridicule, the domicile of the devil, as is the soul of the Jew... As a matter of fact, Jews worship the devil; their rites are criminal and unchaste; their religion a disease; their synagogue an assembly of crooks, a den of thieves, a cavern of devils, an abyss of perdition!” (Homily 4:1)

OK, I think you got the picture, so let’s stop here with the quotations from the saints. I know it’s all disgusting, but hey that’s the Christianity.

But beside the quotations from Saints, Christians invented other saints and saint-like figures which they venerated and claimed how they were killed by Jews. Like William of Norwich 12-year-old boy that Jews had supposedly sacrificed and used his blood in heinous rituals. A monk, Thomas of Monmouth, wrote an account alleging that Jews routinely sacrificed Christian children. The tale spread like wildfire. A church to the martyr St. William was built at Norwich, becoming a site of pilgrimages and miracles. Which led to many mass murders of Jews across the Europe.

Little Saint Hugh of Lincoln was an 8-year-old boy whom Christians believed that Jews first fattened for 10 days with white bread and milk and then almost all the Jews of England were invited to his crucifixion. I don’t have to tell you what happened to Jews after that.

Simon of Trent (in Italy) was beatified as a Catholic martyr after reports said a toddler named Simon had been sacrificed. Nearly all Jews of the city were tortured, tried, and burned. Many miracles were reported at his shrine in Trent. Not until 1965 the Vatican finally ordered a halt to the "cult" of Simon of Trent. This was shortly after Pope John XXIII ended church chants about "the perfidious Jews."

As a side note, there was a Saint that was invented by Jews when in 1491, Jews being tortured by the Holy Inquisition in Spain were made to confess that they had sacrificed a Christian child in a cave near a village called La Guardia. They were burned, and all Jews in their community were murdered. The holy child of La Guardia became a religious legend—yet no such town, or sacrificed child, had existed.

What is your source? Is this from a book?
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(December 20, 2019 at 9:26 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: What is your source? Is this from a book?

A lot of places. If you Google some of those quotes you'll find them referenced in many books. But this was one of the sources
https://www.jpost.com/Blogs/The-Jewish-P...ews-376333
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
From the christian POV, we're all repugnant - so what's a little jewhating?

Part of the reason that they held that opinion as a matter of their faiths, rather than their usual human bigotry - was that the jews kept laughing at their silly story. Robbing them of the full count of credibility that they'd tried to draw into their religion with a borrowed judaic ladder.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 20, 2019 at 12:22 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(December 20, 2019 at 9:26 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: What is your source? Is this from a book?

A lot of places. If you Google some of those quotes you'll find them referenced in many books. But this was one of the sources
https://www.jpost.com/Blogs/The-Jewish-P...ews-376333

Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(December 20, 2019 at 8:43 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: As a side note, there was a Saint that was invented by Jews when in 1491, Jews being tortured by the Holy Inquisition in Spain were made to confess that they had sacrificed a Christian child in a cave near a village called La Guardia. They were burned, and all Jews in their community were murdered. The holy child of La Guardia became a religious legend—yet no such town, or sacrificed child, had existed.

Most of these stories I'm either familiar with or not surprised that they were claimed to have happened. But this story set off some alarm bells for me. That the Church would use a murder as a pretext to set off some good old-fashioned ethnic cleansing does not surprise me. That they'd make up a story out of whole cloth to justify pre-existing beliefs is well-documented. But the idea that they'd go so far as to make up a town really sets off my bullshit detector. So I looked it up. While the story does seem like a typical blood libel case, and while there isn't even any clear evidence that the Holy Child in question even existed, the town of La Guardia has existed for centuries, with documentation on it dating back to the 12th century, and to this day, it has a population of about 2329. Granted, it took a while for me to find this particular La Guardia (especially after filtering out the former New York mayor, the airport named after him, and the Basque village of more or less the same name), but the town, at least, did (and does) exist. To be fair, everything else you said is accurate,
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Those are nothing compared to Martian Luther (though not a saint )

Quote:hat shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? Since they live among us, we dare not tolerate their conduct, now that we are aware of their lying and reviling and blaspheming. If we do, we become sharers in their lies, cursing and blasphemy. Thus we cannot extinguish the unquenchable fire of divine wrath, of which the prophets speak, nor can we convert the Jews. With prayer and the fear of God we must practice a sharp mercy to see whether we might save at least a few from the glowing flames. We dare not avenge ourselves. Vengeance a thousand times worse than we could wish them already has them by the throat. I shall give you my sincere advice:

First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians. For whatever we tolerated in the past unknowingly ­ and I myself was unaware of it ­ will be pardoned by God. But if we, now that we are informed, were to protect and shield such a house for the Jews, existing right before our very nose, in which they lie about, blaspheme, curse, vilify, and defame Christ and us (as was heard above), it would be the same as if we were doing all this and even worse ourselves, as we very well know.

Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them that they are not masters in our country, as they boast, but that they are living in exile and in captivity, as they incessantly wail and lament about us before God.

Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them. (remainder omitted)

Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb. For they have justly forfeited the right to such an office by holding the poor Jews captive with the saying of Moses (Deuteronomy 17 [:10 ff.]) in which he commands them to obey their teachers on penalty of death, although Moses clearly adds: "what they teach you in accord with the law of the Lord." Those villains ignore that. They wantonly employ the poor people's obedience contrary to the law of the Lord and infuse them with this poison, cursing, and blasphemy. In the same way the pope also held us captive with the declaration in Matthew 16 {:18], "You are Peter," etc, inducing us to believe all the lies and deceptions that issued from his devilish mind. He did not teach in accord with the word of God, and therefore he forfeited the right to teach.

Fifth, I advise that safe­conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside, since they are not lords, officials, tradesmen, or the like. Let they stay at home. (...remainder omitted).

Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them and put aside for safekeeping. The reason for such a measure is that, as said above, they have no other means of earning a livelihood than usury, and by it they have stolen and robbed from us all they possess. Such money should now be used in no other way than the following: Whenever a Jew is sincerely converted, he should be handed one hundred, two hundred, or three hundred florins, as personal circumstances may suggest. With this he could set himself up in some occupation for the support of his poor wife and children, and the maintenance of the old or feeble. For such evil gains are cursed if they are not put to use with God's blessing in a good and worthy cause.
Seventh, I commend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow, as was imposed on the children of Adam (Gen 3[:19]}. For it is not fitting that they should let us accursed Goyim toil in the sweat of our faces while they, the holy people, idle away their time behind the stove, feasting and farting, and on top of all, boasting blasphemously of their lordship over the Christians by means of our sweat. No, one should toss out these lazy rogues by the seat of their pants.

But what will happen even if we do burn down the Jews' synagogues and forbid them publicly to praise God, to pray, to teach, to utter God's name? They will still keep doing it in secret. If we know that they are doing this in secret, it is the same as if they were doing it publicly. for our knowledge of their secret doings and our toleration of them implies that they are not secret after all and thus our conscience is encumbered with it before God.

Accordingly, it must and dare not be considered a trifling matter but a most serious one to seek counsel against this and to save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death. My advice, as I said earlier, is:

First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss in sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire. That would demonstrate to God our serious resolve and be evidence to all the world that it was in ignorance that we tolerated such houses, in which the Jews have reviled God, our dear Creator and Father, and his Son most shamefully up till now but that we have now given them their due reward.

"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(December 21, 2019 at 2:29 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(December 20, 2019 at 8:43 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: As a side note, there was a Saint that was invented by Jews when in 1491, Jews being tortured by the Holy Inquisition in Spain were made to confess that they had sacrificed a Christian child in a cave near a village called La Guardia. They were burned, and all Jews in their community were murdered. The holy child of La Guardia became a religious legend—yet no such town, or sacrificed child, had existed.

Most of these stories I'm either familiar with or not surprised that they were claimed to have happened. But this story set off some alarm bells for me. That the Church would use a murder as a pretext to set off some good old-fashioned ethnic cleansing does not surprise me. That they'd make up a story out of whole cloth to justify pre-existing beliefs is well-documented. But the idea that they'd go so far as to make up a town really sets off my bullshit detector. So I looked it up. While the story does seem like a typical blood libel case, and while there isn't even any clear evidence that the Holy Child in question even existed, the town of La Guardia has existed for centuries, with documentation on it dating back to the 12th century, and to this day, it has a population of about 2329. Granted, it took a while for me to find this particular La Guardia (especially after filtering out the former New York mayor, the airport named after him, and the Basque village of more or less the same name), but the town, at least, did (and does) exist. To be fair, everything else you said is accurate,

In any case, it seems that the Archdiocese of Madrid's official website still claims how this really happened, that the boy existed and that Jews killed him

here's the original content in Spanish and google translate on the right
[Image: text.jpg]
https://oracionyliturgia.archimadrid.org...9-3-3-2-2/

Like this part
Quote:They took him to the place called La Hoz de la Guardia and specify the date: Good Friday. There, in the light of the fire, they slap the creature, spit on it, put a crown of thorns and whip its backs. The rite is done by pronouncing blasphemous spells. They crucify the child, take out his heart with a knife, and take his body to secretly bury a place near Santa María de Pera. The consecrated form for the magical sacrilegious rite that marked the death of the inquisitors - and of all the Christians - raging, was facilitated by Juan Gómez, taking her out of the church she had in her custody.

Not achieved the intended effect, they decide to take the child's heart with another ostia consecrated to Zamora where they know that an important wise Jew lives to perform the spell effectively. Surprised on the road, they confessed the fact. Result: Only the Jewish octogenarian Ça Franco was forgiven. Three had already died. Of the remaining seven, they were burned, some alive, and others –confessed and repentant–, already strangled, in the “Brasero de la Dehesa” in Ávila
A better sources documenting the persecution of Christians :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

But the interesting part was this:

Quote:In the 20th century, Christians were persecuted by various governments including the Ottoman Empire in the form of the Armenian Genocide, the Assyrian Genocide and the Greek Genocide, as well as by atheistic states such as the Soviet Union, Communist Albania and North Korea.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 6509 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do invented saints tell us about Christianity? Fake Messiah 132 11784 November 22, 2019 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Saints With The Best Stories BrianSoddingBoru4 18 1806 November 15, 2019 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5858 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Paul's Writings Underpin Western Thought SteveII 232 17387 August 6, 2018 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dating Paul's Writings JairCrawford 33 3004 July 30, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2586 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4151 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1901 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What Happened to the Non Jews Who Died Before Jesus Came? Nope 66 14072 March 30, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman