Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI looking at potential transfers from Russian banker to NRA
FBI looking at potential transfers from Russian banker to NRA

Quote:FBI looking at potential transfers from Russian banker to NRA 

The FBI’s Russia investigation has new targets in its sights, a Moscow banker and his friends at the NRA, according to a report.

Investigators are looking into whether Alexander Torshin, a deputy at Russia’s central bank, illegally sent money to the National Rifle Association to support the election of President Trump, McClatchy reported on Thursday.

Federal Election Commission regulations and federal law prohibit foreign nationals from giving to election efforts, including “directly or indirectly participating in the decision-making process” or bodies such as labor unions or corporations.

The U.S. intelligence community has said that the Kremlin officials all the way up to Vladimir Putin, seen as close to Torshin, conducted a campaign to tilt the election towards the Republican.

Much of that alleged effort was centered around the hacking of Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign aide emails, though investigators have also been looking at potential financial ties.

The NRA endorsed Trump’s outsider candidacy as he was wrapping up the Republican nomination in spring 2016, and spent $30 million to support his campaign as part of a more than $50 million total election effort.

Torshin is a longtime NRA member and has attended multiple conventions put on by the group, including its 2016 meeting where he met with Donald Trump Jr. and reportedly tried to set up a meeting with Trump himself.

He also has his own Russian gun rights group and met with a delegation from the pro-gun lobbying group to Russia in late 2015, a party that included Trump-supporting sheriff David Clarke.
RE: FBI looking at potential transfers from Russian banker to NRA
Lock 'em all up!
(January 18, 2018 at 6:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Lock 'em all up!

How the fuck do you plan to lock up 140 million Russians??

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
We'd have to dump out the weed smokers first.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

You;re not thinking like a bodyfarmer at all.  "Overcrowding" is just another term for efficient use of profitable space.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 18, 2018 at 6:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

You know damned well Minn was talking about the NRA leadership.
(January 18, 2018 at 7:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 18, 2018 at 6:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How the fuck do you plan to lock up 140 million Russians??

Boru

You know damned well Minn was talking about the NRA leadership.

Yes, I know.  I was making what is called a 'joke'.  Since you seem woefully unaware of the concept (as is further evidenced by your pitiful contributions to the 'joke time' thread), a 'joke' is a humourous expression, story, or play on words, and is not expected to be taken seriously. These 'jokes' have a long and storied history, but - to the humour-impaired (not naming any names) - they might as well be unicorn farts for all the good they do.

Boru

addendum:  If you're going to shorten his name, it should be 'Min', not 'Minn', you ignorant twat.
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 18, 2018 at 6:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

Those assholes are already locked up - even if they don't know it.

But the fucking NRA and all of the WLBs fucking family can find nice cells.
The National Russian Association resents implications that they are cutting deals with foreign countries.
(January 18, 2018 at 8:35 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The National Russian Association resents implications that they are cutting deals with foreign countries.

Heh.  I see what you did there...

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 484 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Current Head of WHO plays the "Race Card." Can you guess if he's black looking? Duty 9 719 April 14, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Russian ransomware site... brewer 1 236 July 13, 2021 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  NRA files chpter11 in NY in order to flee to Texas. Brian37 14 1138 January 16, 2021 at 5:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  SolarWinds Russian Hack - is it reasonable to believe it is real? FlatAssembler 17 958 December 21, 2020 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  NRA, too many hands in the cookie jar? Gawdzilla Sama 11 841 November 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Is The NRA Going Bye-Bye? BrianSoddingBoru4 46 2041 August 9, 2020 at 5:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Russian Woman Reportedly Faces 6 Years in Prison for Insulting Memes about Xtians purplepurpose 1 551 October 16, 2018 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Russki Indicted....NRA Cocksucker to Boot! Minimalist 10 963 July 17, 2018 at 10:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Potential Vehicle Attack In Toronto Amarok 24 2057 July 13, 2018 at 12:24 am
Last Post: Amarok