Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil serves God
Devil serves God
"Job 1:6

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.

Job 2:3

The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man fearing God and turning away from evil. And he still holds fast his integrity, although you incited Me against him to ruin him without cause."

New International Version

"Skin for skin!" Satan replied. "A man will give all he has for his own life.

The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life."

So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head."
RE: Devil serves God
What's the next bit?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(January 19, 2018 at 2:16 pm)Succubus Wrote: What's the next bit?

http://biblehub.com/job/2-1.htm click arrow which points to the right.
Like any good crime boss...god knows that, if you want to make an example out of someone, it's best to leave them alive...as an example.

You kill their family and torch their bar.  You don;t do this yourself, ofc...that;s what enforcers are for, and god has a whole army of mindless dolts that do his bidding..so the story is told.

"Don Jehovah, with respect...I don't think that Guido is sufficiently loyal to you, in his heart. Sure, he keeps up appearances, but I think he'd turn states evidence if you didn't show him so much favor."

-Go break his kneecaps and see if he still kisses the ring.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 19, 2018 at 2:28 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Like any good crime boss...god knows that, if you want to make an example out of someone, it's best to leave them alive...as an example.

You kill their family and torch their bar.  You don;t do this yourself, ofc...that;s what enforcers are for, and god has a whole army of mindless dolts that do his bidding..so the story is told.

"Don Jehovah, with respect...I don't think that Guido is sufficiently loyal to you, in his heart.  Sure, he keeps up appearances, but I think he'd turn states evidence if you didn't show him so much favor."

-Go break his kneecaps and see if he still kisses the ring.

I regret even noticing religion. It's one of a kind nightmare stories.
It’s amazing how xtians are able to sugar-coat this story.
(January 19, 2018 at 3:23 pm)Antares Wrote: It’s amazing how xtians are able to sugar-coat this story.

It's amazing the way atheists feel compelled to piss on it.
(January 19, 2018 at 3:38 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(January 19, 2018 at 3:23 pm)Antares Wrote: It’s amazing how xtians are able to sugar-coat this story.

I was force fed this story at an early age. How does anyone see a moral lesson is this. And, it is a story well worth pissing on.

Yeah, utterly mystifying.  A Loving God™ sends his henchman to destroy  one of his own best buddies life and home, murder his wife and children, and inflict him with disease..on a bet.

What could possibly be objectionable about that? What kind of hard hearted feckless cur would read that inspiring story and think anything -but- "Allah Akbar!". After all, god did give him a brand new wife and kids..and I bet they were twice as awesome as that nagging bitch and his gaggle of do-nothing dependants. Alls well that ends well!

Jerkoff
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

We're not the ones doing the pissing. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belief in God or the devil? itsjustintyme 18 6154 February 19, 2014 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Intimae_Hasta
  What the devil is a "gnostic atheist"? Doubting_Thomas 14 7200 October 7, 2012 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting_Thomas
Wink The Devil Inside MilesTailsPrower 5 1647 January 8, 2012 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman