Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The truth of Atheism
The truth of Atheism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aUowoykENE

If you don't know what rick and morty is it's a CTN show that is kinda a play on BTTF. Rick being the doc/mad scientist character and morty being the dumb grandson. They travel through time space and even split dimensions. Which is where this episode takes us. In it reality has fractured and the universe is tearing itself apart. the goal here was for all versions of rick morty and (the grand daughter) to come together and attach those collars to their necks so all universes would collapse back down to one reality.

Where the truth of atheism is revealed is about 1:20 seconds in when rick help Morty get home and ponders death. Then by himself he gives up on theism and seeks mercy from God, and in one reality he goes balls out begging God for help mercy and in the others he seeks forgiveness for his sins, but when Rick is saved.. and his prayers answered, it all goes back to "Eff you God"

What truly is funny/sad this has to be anchored in reality to one degree or another in order for this to be a punch line that we all get.
RE: The truth of Atheism
Great, no atheists in foxholes argument. Piss off.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Dripshit can't convince us of his god using the wholly babble, he can't convince us using his fantasies, so now he goes to cartoons.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(February 9, 2018 at 11:05 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Great, no atheists in foxholes argument. Piss off.

Foxholes are great places to find out how useful religion really is.
So this is showing how people don't attribute to God things they do themselves?

As said, just a 'no atheists in foxholes' argument.

Fail.
I'd be interested to see if Drich actually thinks he's making some meaningful point here or trying to start a discussion, versus just shitposting. Then again, I doubt I'd get a coherent answer out of him either way.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(February 9, 2018 at 11:35 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I'd be interested to see if Drich actually thinks he's making some meaningful point here or trying to start a discussion, versus just shitposting.  Then again, I doubt I'd get a coherent answer out of him either way.

How can an unalloyed piece of shit possibly do anything more than shit post?
Ran out of deep wisdom in magic book..turns to cartoons?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 9, 2018 at 11:54 am)Khemikal Wrote: Ran out of deep wisdom in magic book..and now you're sourcing it from cartoons?

No surprise from product of evangelical indoctrination.

Snippets from television sitcoms form routine parts of Sunday sermons by bejewel ministers driving fancy sports cars.
Hmmm basing science and the human nature on a man made dark comedy cartoon that is about a drunk man that abandoned his daughter only to come back later in life and not care about the emotional damage he did to her or what he is currently doing to his son in law and grandchildren. The same man that used a bunch of his grandsons to create a wall while they were stabbed because it made him invisible... that obviously speaks volumes about us silly atheists.

Also I've had a gun pointed at my head before. I don't recall any god coming into my thought process during said time where I didn't know if I would die.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way, the Truth, and the Ugly LinuxGal 0 429 October 1, 2023 at 11:45 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The truth of Christianity's source pgardner2358 3 780 June 9, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Truth in a story which is entirely dependent upon subjective interpretation Astonished 47 6191 January 10, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  [extremely serious]The Truth Behind Christianity. Stephanie113 5 2220 August 19, 2015 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  TRUTH & LIFE.... ronedee 21 4427 March 22, 2014 at 10:53 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Will Christianity Cease Development or Drive Itself Into Truth? Walking Void 37 12951 June 8, 2013 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  The path to truth, stop the delusion! That guy who asked questions 7 4217 May 22, 2013 at 11:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Absolute Truth FallentoReason 107 35742 March 21, 2013 at 1:00 am
Last Post: EGross
  The truth according to Bart D. Ehrman Aractus 54 25036 December 2, 2012 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Aractus
Exclamation 'The Truth' Sounds Too Familiar... FallentoReason 31 15657 September 25, 2012 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin