Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Christianity Cease Development or Drive Itself Into Truth?
Will Christianity Cease Development or Drive Itself Into Truth?
Do You think that this religion will ever stop adapting to the reality of our world, or continue changing to coincide with truth?

The things I am talking about are the doctrine, dogmas, the sacraments, the beatitudes, the commandments, etc. The coded structure that defines Christianity. Changes such as the church approving condoms for health justification.

I mean, some of these sections like the commandments for the most part are very very outdated. If they are to maintain followers or gain any (ugh), they ought to learn and use that understanding effectively.

I got the following from "bible-knowledge.com":

LINK

Quote:You shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
You shall not murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.

Maybe You can even spot what is flawed/imperfect in the laws stated above?
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die, and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
RE: Will Christianity Evolve Over Time?
It has evolved for some 1900 years or so... yes, it will continue to do so.

Maybe you're silly.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:Do You think that this religion will adapt to the present, or remain obstinate?

It HAS evolved. They used to be murdering barbarians like the muslims are today. Not that they wouldn't be if they thought they could get away with it but right now they have given up the most obvious blood lust for their so-called "god of love."
I should rephrase what I said, what I intended to say was "Christianity evolves over time (everything does), will they reach a point of defiance or continue evolving until they become truly logical"? Truly logical being a state where they admit that nothing they indoctrinate can be taken as truth but rather suggestion. Because clearly Christianity saying there IS a God is a statement.
Give it another 50 years or so and they'll probably finally be accepting of homosexuality.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Will Christianity Cease Development or Drive Itself Into Truth?
-Or- they may be slamming aircraft into buildings under order of their pastors as their absurd and barbaric POV is marginalized and pushed to the fringes of civilized society.....
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 5, 2013 at 8:31 pm)Rhythm Wrote: -Or- they may be slamming aircraft into buildings under order of their pastors as their absurd and barbaric POV is marginalized and pushed to the fringes of civilized society.....

Which building(s)? The abortion clinics?
Those were probably just warmups bud. Getting ready for the big show. If you'll recall, their brothers under god also started small.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How can someone believe that a dead jew came back to life for their "sins" and be rational?

If they don't believe a dead jew came back to life for their "sins" they can't be xtians.

There is a practical limit to how far they could evolve and remain xtians.
Why would Christians change anything? We have the biggest following in the history of the world!

(June 5, 2013 at 8:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How can someone believe that a dead jew came back to life for their "sins" and be rational?

If they don't believe a dead jew came back to life for their "sins" they can't be xtians.

There is a practical limit to how far they could evolve and remain xtians.

No little guy...He died for our sins. He came back to annoy you!
Quis ut Deus?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way, the Truth, and the Ugly LinuxGal 0 435 October 1, 2023 at 11:45 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1348 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  No more “lead us not into temptation” Fake Messiah 22 2513 June 15, 2019 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  A look into the mindset of an Evangelical Trumptard drfuzzy 10 1643 October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2331 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The truth of Christianity's source pgardner2358 3 787 June 9, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  What's gotten into Italians? brewer 21 3078 March 5, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The truth of Atheism Drich 94 18771 February 17, 2018 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12452 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 10031 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished