Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek Fans on AF.org
Star Trek Fans on AF.org
I know there are some Trekkies on the forums, but, being a relatively new member, I don't know the specifics. As my username suggests, I am a serious Trekkie, though I've taken a bit of a hiatus from watching the show over the past couple years. I created this thread so fans and casual viewers of the show can share their opinions. 

Fandom level: What level of trek fan are you? Answers might be "casual fan" or "the show sucks" etc.

Best Series/Movie: What's your favorite series? Voyager? The Next Generation? Maybe you like one of the movies.

Favorite Captain: self-explanatory

Favorite Character: Try not to pick a captain because there is already a category for that (unless you really like two different captains). And try not to pick Spock. Everybody loves Spock. I'm trying to learn something here.

What Alien Race Would You Be?: What Star Trek race is most similar to your personality? Are you a Klingon warrior? A creepy Talaxian? 

Then, if you feel like it, write a  blurb about Star Trek. This could be anything you feel like saying.

Copy/Paste if you want:

Fandom Level: Obsessed 

Best Series: DS9

Favorite Captain: Sisko

Favorite Character: Worf

What Alien Race Would You Be?: Vulcan (obviously Tongue )

I've seen every single Star Trek television show (except Discovery and TAS) and every single movie. I started watching syndicated TNG episodes when I was a teenager and loved it. I'm not a huge fan of the Abrams movies. They're okay, but (to me) it's not Trek. One thing that really appeals to me about Trek is Gene Roddenberry's optimistic vision of the future. I hope that as technology advances, humankind will solve the problems of poverty, racism, and war (at least on our own planet).
RE: Star Trek Fans on AF.org
Fandom level: casual

Best series - TNG

Favorite captain - Picard

Forvorite character - EMH from Voyager

Alien race - Q
Fandom level: strong but not consumed.

Series: DS9.

Captain: Sisko

Character: The monster wot killed Wesley.

What species: given the way I sound in the morning Gorn.

Bonus feature: most despised character is a dead heat between Okana and Der Scheisskopf.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Fandom Level: Loyal when NG was on tv. Now just casual.

Best Series/Movie: Next Generation

Favorite Captain: Picard

Favorite Character: Data ; so many more though

Sexiest character: Carol Marcus (Into Darkness)

What Alien Race Would You Be? Betaziod , started to say Q but eventually that would get boring. We should learn from Brahma and not get into his predicament.[/sarcasm]
I watched TOS.  And a year or two of TNG.

I gave it all up when I lost interest in Sci-Fy.
(March 6, 2018 at 2:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I watched TOS.  And a year or two of TNG.

I gave it all up when I lost interest in Sci-Fy.

Watch DS9. It's by far the best.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Fandom Level: Passive. If it's on I'll watch it if nothing better is on.

Best Series/Movie: Original Series

Favorite Captain: Kirk

Favorite Character: Data (you won't let me pick Spock)

What Alien Race Would You Be?: Trelane energy being.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Fandom level: Casual (now).  Down from rabid.

Best Series/Movie: DS9/The Undiscovered Country

Favorite Captain: Sulu

Favorite Character: Q

What Alien Race Would You Be?: Romulan

Rant:  Jar Jar Abrams 'Trek may be 'Trek in name, but it should never be counted as part of canon.  And I hate the trend they started with "Enterprise" to go 'retro 'Trek".  Star Trek is about moving into the future, not trying to relive (and re-write) the past.
Dying to live, living to die.
Fandom Level: Casual, but loyal during TNG and nearly so for DS9 and Voyager 

Best Series: TNG

Favorite Captain: Picard and Janeway (for prom king and queen)

Favorite Character: The barbiedoll ex-borg, I forget her designation now (maybe I<369?)

What Alien Race Would You Be?: I'll have whatever Otto from DS9 was supposed to be but hopefully less grumpy.

New category:

Least favorite characters (choose up to three):

Captain Kirk *skin crawls*

First Officer Chipotle from Voyager (played Tonto to Janeway's Lone Ranger)

Felix? from Voyager (the one who looked like a shorter, fatter version of Krusty the clown)
I liked Next Generation and Voyager. Not a huge fan of the series but those were the ones I did watch.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 746 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 419 May 5, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 807 May 4, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1699 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 503 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Have a Stellar Star Wars Day onlinebiker 44 2147 May 5, 2019 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Nakara
  Star Trek Discovery Season 2 is Good Mechaghostman2 28 3324 March 25, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  10 things you didn’t know about Star Wars robvalue 3 829 March 20, 2019 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Star Wars fan film: Darth Vader: Episode 1 Shards ofthe Past Cepheus Ace 5 498 December 23, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  What's your longest trek? Gawdzilla Sama 39 2353 June 28, 2018 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Whateverist