Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your longest trek?
What's your longest trek?
In one run, San Diego to Bahrain, via Japan. Held up for seven hours in Delhi waiting for Rajiv Gandhi to show up at the airport.
RE: What's your longest trek?
Chicago to Vegas.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 26, 2018 at 7:08 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: In one run, San Diego to Bahrain, via Japan. Held up for seven hours in Delhi waiting for Rajiv Gandhi to show up at the airport.

France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Japan, Australia, Mexico. In the U.S. Fla, NYC, Alabama, Texas, California and a few other states.
I was going to drive from Nome to Tierra del Fuego but our car got shot up in Nicaragua and we decided to divert. Spent two weeks drunk in Costa Rica.
Boston to Seattle, no stops.
The trip to the restroom when I really have to go and I don't know where one is located.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
31 Miles by foot.

~50 Miles by boat.

~2900 Miles by car

~9000 Miles as the crow flies by aircraft.
(June 26, 2018 at 10:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I was going to drive from Nome to Tierra del Fuego but our car got shot up in Nicaragua and we decided to divert. Spent two weeks drunk in Costa Rica.

Speaking of "Tierra del Fuego" it is mentioned in this Folk/Jazz song.

(June 26, 2018 at 10:56 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 26, 2018 at 10:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I was going to drive from Nome to Tierra del Fuego but our car got shot up in Nicaragua and we decided to divert. Spent two weeks drunk in Costa Rica.

Speaking of "Tierra del Fuego" it is mentioned in this Folk/Jazz song.

I was hoping to visit the places Darwin visited when he was Beagle'ing around.
(June 26, 2018 at 10:21 am)Shell B Wrote: Boston to Seattle, no stops.

Plane is easy, but if you drove without stopping even with multiple drivers, all I want to know is did you have a "Red Bull" or "Nodoz" Iv bag stuck in your arm? My response to driving across the United States is "FINE" but, if you make it about speed, I am out. 

I hate driving. I hate flying. But between the two what I have noticed over the years is that flying over land in calm weather is far less turbulent that even flying over a clam ocean. I hate driving, even locally, because of other drivers and wear and tear on my vehicle. I hate flying because of turbulence. 

The longest road trip in a vehicle I took was from where I live now on the coast of NC to Huntsville Alabama, was the longest road trip in a car I took. I took it because my mom was invited to a wedding there from one of her former students she taught in grade school. But I didn't like all the other asshole drivers, and I didn't like the stress it caused between me and my mom switching. It is hard to travel with people you love but conflict on driving habits.

My utopia is flying if the turbulence was 100% gone. Since it isn't I still hate both flying and driving.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1727 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Star Trek Discovery Season 2 is Good Mechaghostman2 28 3372 March 25, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  hypothetical #3 -Star Trek transporter ignoramus 43 3322 March 30, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Star Trek Fans on AF.org vulcanlogician 66 4553 March 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Favorite Star Trek Ship Design Amarok 68 5350 March 7, 2018 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Who is excited about the new Star Trek series? Mechaghostman2 98 9077 November 13, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Who here is a star trek fan? Lemonvariable72 75 23539 October 7, 2013 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: frankiej
Tongue Star Trek Difficulties Tea Earl Grey Hot 11 5128 April 19, 2012 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Star Trek Science Darwinian 48 15473 October 6, 2009 at 11:08 am
Last Post: binny
  [SPLIT] Star Trek, Firefly, B5 etc. Ryft 34 15483 September 18, 2009 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: binny