Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What sucks about being single.
What sucks about being single.
I do love being single, but it does have a downside. I did better keeping my living space cleaner when I was married. I did a better job even simply when I lived with my mother. But having lived in the house I am just about to replace, for the past 10 years, I can tell you, sometimes it sucks not having someone get on your ass about the yard or the upkeep inside. 

I have every intent once I get this heap replaced, to make it a point to have someone over at least 1 time a week to force me to do a better job. The irony is that on the job, I treated my work space far better than my house.
RE: What sucks about being single.
When you have Jesus inside of you 24/7, your will never be alone.
Wouldn't having Jesus inside you 24/7 be a constant pain in the ass? Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 9, 2018 at 7:55 am)Brian37 Wrote: I do love being single, but it does have a downside. I did better keeping my living space cleaner when I was married. I did a better job even simply when I lived with my mother. But having lived in the house I am just about to replace, for the past 10 years, I can tell you, sometimes it sucks not having someone get on your ass about the yard or the upkeep inside. 

I have every intent once I get this heap replaced, to make it a point to have someone over at least 1 time a week to force me to do a better job. The irony is that on the job, I treated my work space far better than my house.

Try setting one hour a day aside for "necessary maintenance". When I was single I'd treat the house like the landlord was coming to visit the next day. The ladies who visited were usually surprised at how well I kept the place.

The hour before lunch worked best for me. "No food until you've done X, Y, and Z!"
(March 9, 2018 at 8:12 am)ignoramus Wrote: Wouldn't having Jesus inside you 24/7 be a constant pain in the ass? Dunno

Nah. He only does oral. He's such a prude.
(March 9, 2018 at 8:18 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 9, 2018 at 7:55 am)Brian37 Wrote: I do love being single, but it does have a downside. I did better keeping my living space cleaner when I was married. I did a better job even simply when I lived with my mother. But having lived in the house I am just about to replace, for the past 10 years, I can tell you, sometimes it sucks not having someone get on your ass about the yard or the upkeep inside. 

Try setting one hour a day aside for "necessary maintenance". When I was single I'd treat the house like the landlord was coming to visit the next day. The ladies who visited were usually surprised at how well I kept the place.

The hour before lunch worked best for me. "No food until you've done X, Y, and Z!"

I get what you are saying. I am hoping to mentally do that to myself once I have the new house. I have one of my mother's teaching friends I still keep in touch with, I know she will want to visit. I also hope my younger sister will come visit during the holidays. But yea. 

If you looked at the way I kept my work spaces at work, you'd have thought I was a different person. I drove my co-workers nuts worrying about the health inspector trying to keep everything clean at work.
I'm betting that the "hour a day" routine will become mandatory for you after a few weeks.

Myself, I'm a stay-at-home husband, Boss Lady works until 2 AM four days a week and keeps that schedule on her days off. So mornings I can't do anything noisy, like vacuum. I can go around and pick up anything that I don't want sucked up. I load the dishwasher, but don't run it until after she gets up. Things like that, adaptive to the circumstances.
I think inviting people over once a week will definitely make you do a better job. It's hard to keep up with housework. No one tries to impress themselves with a clean house. The idea is you want people to come over and not think you're a slob lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5G sucks. Jehanne 12 823 June 5, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2257 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Super hero movies sucks Sanau 7 558 March 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  I haven't opened a single 'proof' thread. :( CapnAwesome 11 856 September 6, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Grief and how it sucks *Deidre* 21 3022 May 4, 2018 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Atheistforums.org sucks... FirstPoet 20 2602 December 24, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2449 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What's your most favorite thing about being Single/Married? ErGingerbreadMandude 91 11213 January 31, 2017 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Single after 1 year and 4 months :S Edwardo Piet 18 3208 July 9, 2015 at 9:28 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I'm sick and bored... It sucks Dystopia 14 2742 April 12, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue