Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another dick can't understand the oath of office....
Another dick can't understand the oath of office....
I love how these morons want to blame us for what we were not around to write.

What part of "no religious test" do they not understand?

http://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/po...-527713837
RE: Another dick can't understand the oath of office....
And you DO understand the difference between a campaign and holding office, right?  Attacking Ms. Jordan for her atheism is certainly distasteful, but it in no wise violates the rules against religious tests for public office.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
No, but in the state that was the home of the Monkey Trial it still shows that a large part of fucking Tennessee is still populated by ignorant shits.
(March 12, 2018 at 6:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No, but in the state that was the home of the Monkey Trial it still shows that a large part of fucking Tennessee is still populated by ignorant shits.

No argument.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 12, 2018 at 6:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And you DO understand the difference between a campaign and holding office, right?  Attacking Ms. Jordan for her atheism is certainly distasteful, but it in no wise violates the rules against religious tests for public office.

Boru

That makes no sense. So by that logic, if a politician runs on segregation, which has happened in our history, and quotes God and calls any rival "dangerous" because they want desegregation, you think that automatically once that bigot is in office, they will suddenly become neutral?
At some point, this sort of bullshit amounts to an impromptu religious test regardless of whether or not it's officiated by the state. 

At that point, people are leaning on the "the sign said no walking, so I drove my truck onto it instead!" theory of legitimacy. My kids run a similar bit of game when I ell them to stop poking each other..and they hover a crooked finger an inch out of each others faces, cackling "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you". You know what, though, if the christers want to play with it..fuck it. I just don't want to hear any christian persecution or religious test bullshit when someone points out that a persons christianity makes them extreme, or a radical, or unsuitable for office.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote: So by that logic, if a politician runs on segregation,

The south is full of them.
Southern Christians are as nutty as the Taliban is. The only difference between them is their clothes. Mentally and emotionally they are identical.
(March 12, 2018 at 7:04 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Southern Christians are as nutty as the Taliban is.  The only difference between them is their clothes.  Mentally and emotionally they are identical.

And some Southern Christians could pass for Americans, an  idea that has always worried me.
Let's remember the religious mind-set, particularly the conservative religious mind-set. Where the rest of us read "no religious test", they read that as "test for no religion".
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Me Understand This BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1154 January 14, 2022 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Does anyone understand Trumps base? Atomic Lava 72 6321 June 13, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  I don't understand.... GODZILLA 6 1001 July 7, 2019 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The country is going down the shitter with Trump in office, but it's okay NuclearEnergy 7 1144 December 4, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  I really don't understand NuclearEnergy 15 5543 July 4, 2017 at 9:45 am
Last Post: TheBeardedDude
  I don't understand; why do people defend things such as the confederate flag NuclearEnergy 80 28090 May 18, 2017 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71887 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 954 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4466 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Is There Any Drumpf Appointee Who Doesn't Have Putin's Dick Up His Ass? Minimalist 34 7856 March 4, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb