Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:54 am

Poll: gay adoption
This poll is closed.
for
92.00%
23 92.00%
against
8.00%
2 8.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gay adoption
gay adoption
reason why you voted for or against if you want
btw im not going to make every thread or post about me being gay my intro thread got out of hand about me being gay.
i will hardly make any gay threads after this.
RE: gay adoption
I voted for because there wasn't a "It depends on the parenting skills of the adoptive parents" button. I think anyone who is capable and loving enough to raise a child should be able to take in children who don't have families. I don't give a shit about a person's sexual orientation as long as they aren't a rapist, into bestiality (which I view as rape) or a pedophile.
(November 17, 2010 at 10:03 pm)Shell B Wrote: I voted for because there wasn't a "It depends on the parenting skills of the adoptive parents" button. I think anyone who is capable and loving enough to raise a child should be able to take in children who don't have families. I don't give a shit about a person's sexual orientation as long as they aren't a rapist, into bestiality (which I view as rape) or a pedophile.

I'm still confused on the whole bestiality thing, it applies to all interspecies sex? or only applies to sentient species excluding sapient species?
Voted for. If sexual orientation (and by this I'm referring to heterosexual/homosexual/bisexual/asexual orientations, not the profound oddities that have already been mentioned) is the only potential "issue", then there really isn't, or rather shouldn't, be an issue at all.
"Faith is about taking a comforting, childlike view of a disturbing and complicated world." ~ Edward Current

[Image: Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_by_stampystampy.gif] [Image: 91b7ba0967f80c8c43c58fdf3fa0571a.gif] [Image: Secular_Humanist_by_MaruLovesStamps.gif]
I really don't like children,and didn't have any by choice. I always thought I'd make a lousy father; I'm far too neurotic and self absorbed.

Gay adoption is permitted here,IF a child available for adoption can be found,there is a shortage of INFANTS. Couples wanting children, regardless of sexual orientation invest (in every sense of the word) in diverse options.

OF Course gays should be allowed to adopt. They are either full citizens or they are not. In some places it's more obvious they are not..EG California,after the obscene Proposition 8. That was passed as the direct result of the meddling of the LDS church.

Here a few years ago,a leading child psychiatrist observed "About 20% of parents have the parenting skills of an avocado". A person's sexual preference describes an aspect to that person.It does not define who that person is in terms of intellect,personality,ability or character

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the documentary;" 8:The Mormon Proposition"

Trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/8-t...on/trailer

Quote:8: The Mormon Proposition is an 80-minute documentary written and directed by Reed Cowan and narrated by Dustin Lance Black. The film documents The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' involvement in the 2008 California Proposition 8.[1] It was released on June 18, 2010 by Red Flag Releasing (RFR)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8:_The_Mormon_Proposition
The only possible valid objection to it happening would be in terms of harm to the child, and while it is known that the Children of gay parents can be bullied and tormented for that fact, it's not the fault of the parents but a nasty streak in society and since the harassment is not the fault of the parents to reduce their freedoms by preventing them from having children is immoral.
Against.

In terms of what is good for the child, having gay parents, both being male, or both being female, I don't beleive it would be good for the childs psychology. If I put myself in the childs shoes for just one moment, I would not like to have gay parents. Let alone the ridicule the child would receive at school etc, I also beleive they could have an adverse psychological reaction.

So, thinking of the child (what having children is all about) and putting the other two individuals aside, I am against.

A good parent is a good parent - sexual orientation has nothing to do with being a good person, so as good parent is a subset of being a good person, then a parent's goodness is independent of their sexual orientation.
Quote:I don't believe it would be good for the child's psychology.

What does that mean,exactly?

I've heard that vague claim a lot, mainly from dogmatic theists So far I've never seen any evidence to support it. As far as I can tell,the claim is simply an argument from incredulity,a form of argument from ignorance.

Umm,how many gays with children do you actually know? (of whom you're aware)
(November 17, 2010 at 10:19 pm)Ashendant Wrote: I'm still confused on the whole bestiality thing, it applies to all interspecies sex? or only applies to sentient species excluding sapient species?

I don't think about it that much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adoption of mentally impaired babies Catholic_Lady 112 14460 January 15, 2017 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer