Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich bitching once again.
Rich bitching once again.
I just saw a story about a beach town north of me. The local HS needs a new track around the football field. GREAT, but why the fuck isn't it funded through taxes? Nope, the hamstrung school district in a red voting district cant get it because of lack of funding, so parents are going to "Gofundme".

WHY? If you can afford a multi million dollar beach house, you CAN AFFORD TO PAY MORE IN TAXES.

My Mom was a lifetime teacher, and she could tell you what a fucking pain in the ass it was to have enough supplies just in the classroom. I really cannot stand this bullshit that taxes are always robbery. 

Sometime last year I was shopping at a dollar store, and had a teacher behind me buying supplies for her class. I told her the tax payers should be paying for that, not you. I could tell she was a republican voter based on her frown when I said that. How the fuck do you get to voting against your own self interests?
RE: Rich bitching once again.
It's what rich motherfuckers do.  Remember their mantra:  "I've got mine so fuck you."
(March 22, 2018 at 11:10 am)Minimalist Wrote: It's what rich motherfuckers do.  Remember their mantra:  "I've got mine so fuck you."

Minn, I wouldn't dare claim all rich people think like that. One can only say at this point in history though, the climate at the extreme top is far too selfish.
As I've often said when generalizing I have no intention of going through the entire list of any group and saying "this one is okay but this one is a scumbag."

When you get these yuppie scum motherfuckers who want the homeless arrested so they don't have to see them, the point is made.
(March 22, 2018 at 1:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote: As I've often said when generalizing I have no intention of going through the entire list of any group and saying "this one is okay but this one is a scumbag."

When you get these yuppie scum motherfuckers who want the homeless arrested so they don't have to see them, the point is made.

I was raised in a well to do family. Between my parent's salaries if it were not for my fathers death, we had TWO houses and he drove a Mercedes and we had a boat too. Am I one of those "yuppie scum"? If my dad had survived I am sure I would be even more well off than what my mom left me.

Nothing is either or for me. I can only say right now at this point in history we have a very bad climate as an average. I hate Ayn Rand and GOP politics, but I have meet many liberal well to do business owners in my life. I'd only hope the climate can eventually swing to those types. Just not enough of them right now.
I don't know.  Do you want the homeless moved out of your sight so you don't have to see them?
(March 22, 2018 at 1:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I don't know.  Do you want the homeless moved out of your sight so you don't have to see them?

Yes. Big Grin

Come on man, you should know me better than that. Of course not. I can tell you if it were not for the support of my mom, I'd probably be homeless myself.

I was just watching the other day about a restaurant in my state that has a "pay forward" attitude and there are no set prices and if you can't pay that is ok too. So if you go into that place you find working people and homeless people both sitting and eating together. I think we need more places like that. I'd be more than happy to go into a place and buy a meal for someone who is short on cash, homeless or jobless. I've needed help in my past, and had to worry about my bills and possibly getting evicted myself.

I'm lucky though, lots of people don't have the support I did.
How do you think they became rich in the first place?

By spending other peoples' money whenever they can.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 22, 2018 at 2:17 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: How do you think they became rich in the first place?

By spending other peoples' money whenever they can.

I don't like that analogy either. Right now the top is putting an undue burden on the bottom two classes the tax cuts for the top are creating long term debt yes. 

But taxes no matter what are still a way of pooling resources to pay for things everyone needs. The rich would claim the poor are spending other people's money. 

Taxes are everyone's money, so the issue isn't really class, but how to spend them effectively and what to spend them on.

I'd only agree that right now the abuse of power is at the top currently.
(March 22, 2018 at 2:17 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: How do you think they became rich in the first place?

By spending stealing other peoples' money whenever they can.

FTFY

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor? Greatest I am 35 1858 December 1, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oh, The Unhappy Rich, White, Motherfuckers! Minimalist 4 736 July 1, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Which fucking moron chooses to wage war on all other major powers at once? Anomalocaris 16 1616 June 1, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  For Rich Fetuses Only, Though Minimalist 50 7219 November 6, 2017 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Once A Crooked Slumlord Always A Crooked Slumlord Minimalist 0 284 August 3, 2017 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Seth Rich murdered for leaking DNC emails scoobysnack 68 15348 May 31, 2017 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Rich Scumbag Wants To Cut Taxes For Rich Scumbags Minimalist 32 4019 May 12, 2017 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Problem With Rich Motherfuckers Minimalist 8 739 January 19, 2017 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Obama burns Drumpf once again! Brian37 2 915 October 25, 2016 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Did you know, rich Arab countries don't accept the U.N. definition of a refugeee? ReptilianPeon 14 2084 September 7, 2015 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris