Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know, rich Arab countries don't accept the U.N. definition of a refugeee?
Did you know, rich Arab countries don't accept the U.N. definition of a refugeee?
Take a look at this:
Convention relating to the Status of Refugees (Wikipedia page)

The Gulf countries are noticeably absent. I think it's disgusting given recent events. I doubt things will change though.

RE: Did you know, rich Arab countries don't accept the U.N. definition of a refugeee?
Doesn't keep the West from kissing ass though.

As opposed to Assad, who's very bad because he doesn't play western ball abd got no oil to speak of. Could only be a natural ally against ISIS, but that doesn't keep the Western politicians from worsening the refugee crisis by actively supporting the insurgency.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Did you know, rich Arab countries don't accept the U.N. definition of a refugeee?
I hate the West for supporting vicious Arab dictators. Bashir al-Assad isn't as bad as the al-Saud family so that makes the Western countries supporting Saudi hypocrites. I find it very saddening that Saudi would rather give a home to criminals such as Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and Ali Abdullah Saleh than suffering Syrians!

Their out right refusal to accept any refugees from Syria is a disgrace, but then again the Arab gulf states are famous for their racism and shitty treatment of anyone not from the gulf states. Seems as though there are some growing voices within those states to change that, though.

[Image: 2BEDD9AE00000578-3222405-This_image_made...782983.jpg]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
And who can forgot this news story from Saudi:

‘Trash boy’ selfie sparks outrage...

People are allowed to read newspapers in SA?

Or is it just men?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I heard that women in Saudi actually receive a good standard of education and countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan and India are actually worse places to be a woman. Any country that is worse for women than Saudi should be ashamed of itself. At least in Saudi, women don't get shot at for wanting to go to school. Having said that, Saudi is still really bad because there aren't as many opportunities for educated women as there are men and they are all forced to wear veils, can't drive etc.

(September 5, 2015 at 4:56 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: I hate the West for supporting vicious Arab dictators. Bashir al-Assad isn't as bad as the al-Saud family so that makes the Western countries supporting Saudi hypocrites. I find it very saddening that Saudi would rather give a home to criminals such as Zine El Abidine Ben Ali and Ali Abdullah Saleh than suffering Syrians!

Let's not kid ourselves.  The victims of the Sunni militant radicalism have also been the victims of so many other oppressions.   While Sunni militant radicals may be the most extreme in their oppression, they are also alone amongst the appressors who tries hard to create the image that they would welcome the victims and refuges with open arms if only the victims and refuges join their brand of Islam.

Does the Saudi have a reputation for welcoming refugee and treating them as perspective equals?  No.  Has the west assumed the reputation for doing so?  Not really.

So what does this mean?   It means the victims and refugees contains a large percentage of people who, while running away today, is but one minor intellectual hurdle from being radicalized themselves.

The Saudi regime has no popular support.   It's title as the keeper of Mecca is not taken seriously.   It is keeping itself alive by appeasing militant jihadists and hope jihadists would prioritize setting up the Islamic state in Syria and Iraq over setting one up in Saudi Arabia.  

You think the Saudi monarchy has any reason whatsoever to welcome refugees many of whom are barely one step from embracing radicalism themselves?

We only think the middleeast is merely a total nilistic shit hole without any possibility of solution to vast majority of its problem and bent on doing as much damage to the rest of the world as possible before it expires in worst and most long drawn out humanitarian disaster in modern history because we look at the middleeast through such childish rose color glasses tinted by infantile ideological world view.    It is in fact infinitely worse than that.
(September 5, 2015 at 5:37 pm)Pandæmonium Wrote: Their out right refusal to accept any refugees from Syria is a disgrace, but then again the Arab gulf states are famous for their racism and shitty treatment of anyone not from the gulf states. Seems as though there are some growing voices within those states to change that, though.

[Image: 2BEDD9AE00000578-3222405-This_image_made...782983.jpg]

The boy is killed as much by Obama and Hillary Clinton's idiotic determination to help whoever would bring down Assad as by any others.
Were it not for the miracle the Republican Party performed of pulling no less than 12 magical candidates each of whom possess the supernatural ability of being far less fit than even Hilary Clinton,  Hillary Clinton would have been by far the most temperamentally unfit to lead a world power in today's world that can be imagined.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor? Greatest I am 35 1646 December 1, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Health care people and first responders - let us know how you are. arewethereyet 22 1860 April 26, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 727 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2361 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  BREAKING:The Turkish president refused to accept the U.S National Security Advisor WinterHold 1 439 January 9, 2019 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  t.A.T.u.'s Faux-Lesbian Singer Wouldn't Accept a Gay Son WinterHold 15 1528 August 3, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Non-religious countries experience greater economic growth Foxaèr 1 308 July 22, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I Told You...Oh, Yes I Did! BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1687 July 20, 2018 at 12:44 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Oh, The Unhappy Rich, White, Motherfuckers! Minimalist 4 724 July 1, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Tell Us Something We Don't Know Minimalist 14 1200 June 1, 2018 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist