Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?

Poverty is a condition imposed by governments through the tax system.

The world will have to pay dearly, not only now, but in the near future, for the hardships cause by this pandemic and the various other upcoming health crisis.

We are already handing our children a dying planet. Will we saddle them with more poverty as well?

Poverty is created by the tax system. Gandhi also said that to impose poverty was a crime.

The tax system is controlled by the rich. Demographically speaking, this fact is proven by their outrageous demographic position and control of the legislation.

Will the rich swallow the huge debt that will soon hit us, or will they place the debt as more poverty for our next extinction bound generation?

The next tax laws, everywhere, will show if more poor die, or if the rich will give up their loose change, which is all that it takes, to end poverty.

Regards
DL
RE: Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor?
Why is this in the Philosophy sub?
(November 21, 2020 at 3:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Why is this in the Philosophy sub?

Fair point. It’d be a much better fit for News and Current Affairs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 21, 2020 at 3:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Why is this in the Philosophy sub?

I did not see a general political discussion forum.

Regards
DL

(November 21, 2020 at 3:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Fair point. It’d be a much better fit for News and Current Affairs.

Boru

I did not think it news or current affairs as there is no one in the news asking that question yet.

Regards
DL
(November 21, 2020 at 3:44 pm)Greatest I am Wrote:

I did not see a general political discussion forum.

Regards
DL

(November 21, 2020 at 3:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Fair point. It’d be a much better fit for News and Current Affairs.

Boru

I did not think it news or current affairs as there is no one in the news asking that question yet.

Regards
DL

There is, in fact, a Politics forum.

COVID is clearly a current affair and is in the news a lot.

Would you like me to move the thread for you?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 21, 2020 at 3:49 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 21, 2020 at 3:44 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: I did not see a general political discussion forum.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

There is, in fact, a Politics forum.

COVID is clearly a current affair and is in the news a lot.

Would you like me to move the thread for you?

Boru

This is more economics than Covid, but please move the post if you think it better suited elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
DL
The midoorich.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I suspect that no one will foot the bill for COVID. If it’s paid for at all, it’ll be amortized over such a long period of time that no one will feel the sting.

And I’m not sure that the ‘taxation causes poverty’ argument is valid - there are plenty of countries with higher tax rates and lower poverty rates than the US. Poverty on a national scale has less to do with how a government is funded than how it manages those funds.

Boru
(November 21, 2020 at 5:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I suspect that no one will foot the bill for COVID. If it’s paid for at all, it’ll be amortized over such a long period of time that no one will feel the sting.

And I’m not sure that the ‘taxation causes poverty’ argument is valid - there are plenty of countries with higher tax rates and lower poverty rates than the US. Poverty on a national scale has less to do with how a government is funded than how it manages those funds.

Boru
The idea that Taxes cause poverty in a wealthy nation like the US is absurd and is used by the upper class as an excuse for why they shouldn't have to pay
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(November 21, 2020 at 5:40 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I suspect that no one will foot the bill for COVID. If it’s paid for at all, it’ll be amortized over such a long period of time that no one will feel the sting.

Boru

Indeed. I live in a city with a population of about 100k, one of the safest cities of its size in the US. I used to live in the city of Los Angeles. What a fucking hole. It's mismanaged on a massive scale.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is Poor DeistPaladin 55 2214 October 2, 2020 at 6:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rename the virus. Brian37 43 2172 March 30, 2020 at 9:37 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Pence goes on "Poor Me" tour.... Brian37 52 2047 May 13, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Poor Mark Zuckerberg popeyespappy 4 619 July 26, 2018 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Poor Ivanka, shuts down her name brand. Brian37 7 1164 July 25, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Oh, The Unhappy Rich, White, Motherfuckers! Minimalist 4 735 July 1, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Rich bitching once again. Brian37 15 1644 March 23, 2018 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh, Poor Larry Nassar Feels Uncomfortable Hearing His Victims' Testimony Shell B 97 11175 February 3, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  For Rich Fetuses Only, Though Minimalist 50 7206 November 6, 2017 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Poor Kathy Griffin Foxaèr 83 28499 July 10, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Court Jester