Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dem debates
Dem debates
If anyone watched last night, I did. I was impressed with most of the field, but two of them really fell flat to me.

John Delany to me might have well been running on the republican ticket the way he talked. 

Tulsi Gabbard, while I liked her military service, she'd make a great cabinet member, but looked way too forced and stiff last night.

I cant remember who kept repeating that we need as a party, to stop sticking to our old haunts and play offence and expand our map. I am getting Tim Ryan and Jay Inslee confused. But that has been why dems since Reagan have never had enough long term power of all three branches. We cant simply stick to coastal states, big cities and suburbs. The GOP have been masters dividing races and zip codes for decades, and workers of all races and zip codes would do better to unite against that party to gain a seat at the table. 

And as much as De Blisio bothers me running, he was spot on in saying, " Migrants didn't do this to you, big corporations did."

Warren was solid, I thought Booker and Castro too. I like Beto too but maybe it was just me, I really didn't get the Robert F Kennedy vibe I'd seen from him prior. 

As far as the second round tonight, I am looking forward to see how Pete and Biden fair. But ultimately I will still back whomever we nominate.

I will say for comic relief, the late night comics, and even the morning news shows got a screen shot of Cory Booker giving laser eyes at Beto for beating him to speaking Spanish, "HEY MAN, I WAS GOING TO DO THAT FIRST!".

Meanwhile Castro was thinking, "Bitches, please."
RE: Dem debates
(June 27, 2019 at 7:28 am)Brian37 Wrote: If anyone watched last night, I did. I was impressed with most of the field, but two of them really fell flat to me.

John Delany to me might have well been running on the republican ticket the way he talked. 

Tulsi Gabbard, while I liked her military service, she'd make a great cabinet member, but looked way too forced and stiff last night.

I cant remember who kept repeating that we need as a party, to stop sticking to our old haunts and play offence and expand our map. I am getting Tim Ryan and Jay Inslee confused. But that has been why dems since Reagan have never had enough long term power of all three branches. We cant simply stick to coastal states, big cities and suburbs. The GOP have been masters dividing races and zip codes for decades, and workers of all races and zip codes would do better to unite against that party to gain a seat at the table. 

And as much as De Blisio bothers me running, he was spot on in saying, " Migrants didn't do this to you, big corporations did."

Warren was solid, I thought Booker and Castro too. I like Beto too but maybe it was just me, I really didn't get the Robert F Kennedy vibe I'd seen from him prior. 

As far as the second round tonight, I am looking forward to see how Pete and Biden fair. But ultimately I will still back whomever we nominate.

I will say for comic relief, the late night comics, and even the morning news shows got a screen shot of Cory Booker giving laser eyes at Beto for beating him to speaking Spanish, "HEY MAN, I WAS GOING TO DO THAT FIRST!".

Meanwhile Castro was thinking, "Bitches, please."

I didn't watch (obviously) and have no plans to, but I can make a few guesses as to what happened:

-The candidates frequently ran over their allotted time.

-The candidates talked over each other.

-The candidates interrupted each other.

-No one had any real answers.

-Some of the questions were kind of stupid.

-No matter how stupid the questions, the candidates tried to give serious-sounding answers.

-Candidates were interrupted by applause more than once.

-Trump was mentioned (and booed) more than once.

-Nothing really changed.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I hate to say this but Biden blew it. He was way off tonight.
The political felatio is unbelievable.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkou...e-n2549159

All the canidates answered in the affirmative to the question of free healthcare to people illegally in the country.

When you make it more difficult to deport those who enter the country illegally with kids - or seek asylum with kids - more people bring kids. Kids used to be a rarity. No longer.

Wait till they make it illegal to deport someone " too sick to travel".

Lourdes is going to be sucking hind tit as a tourist destination for the terminally ill.....

Better not get sick. Hospitals will be standing room only.
Not sure how it helps anything to cut undocumented residents off from healthcare. What's the advantage of having residents who are undocumented AND sick?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(June 28, 2019 at 9:24 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Not sure how it helps anything to cut undocumented residents off from healthcare. What's the advantage of having residents who are undocumented AND sick?

What' s the advantage of giving medical care to every sick person who can sneak across the border?

You would be money ahead to set up free medical clinics in THEIR countries..

Then Americans could sneak across the border to get free health care... Tongue
If Undocumented Immigrants aren't covered, then hospitals will have to reap the costs. They are bound by oath to treat these people, and it would be completely disgusting to suggest they shouldn't be treated. Of course it's no surprise that people with no empathy don't want to treat undocumented immigrants as human beings. After all, we currently have concentration camps for kids where things like beds, toothbrushes and soap are being withheld. But even economically, it only makes sense to cover undocumented immigrants. Otherwise costs go up.

Warren and Harris performed the best.

Biden was terrible, and I await the day he drops out. I know it won't be soon, but it'll come eventually. He's only going to get worse from here.

Marianne Williamson was highly entertaining. I think she's just there to sell books. Maybe get a cabinet position as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. Hey, she'd be better than Ben Carson, even if she's just as kooky. But I doubt anyone would put her on a cabinet.

Julian Castro did pretty well too, I thought.

Everyone else was kind of just there. Except Delaney, who I thought missed his chance in 2016 running for the GOP ticket.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Nothing is " being withheld" -

Supplies don't exist - because nobody wants to pay for it.

Politicians like to bemoan how " the other side of the aisle" is being a bunch of meanies --- while refusing to raise taxes to pay for all the wondrous things they promise...

Why?

Political felatio.

Can't do anything that will cost a vote.....
Yes, they are being withheld. These are PRIVATE facilities that are costing the tax payer $775/kid each day for holding them. For that amount of money you could keep them in the Ritz Carlton. And for that matter, people were making donations to these facilities and having them rejected. So you can come down off your high horse.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(June 28, 2019 at 9:53 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Nothing is " being withheld" -

Supplies don't exist - because nobody wants to pay for it.

Politicians like to bemoan how " the other side of the aisle" is being a bunch of meanies --- while refusing to raise taxes to pay for all the wondrous things they promise...

Why?

Political felatio.

Can't do anything that will cost a vote.....

(June 28, 2019 at 10:26 am)Cecelia Wrote: Yes, they are being withheld.  These are PRIVATE facilities that are costing the tax payer $775/kid each day for holding them.  For that amount of money you could keep them in the Ritz Carlton.  And for that matter, people were making donations to these facilities and having them rejected.  So you can come down off your high horse.

Private Border Patrol facilities?

Cite examples.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Who's your favorite Dem candidate? EgoDeath 57 5239 October 22, 2019 at 2:50 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Dem senators unveil expanded public option for health insurance Aegon 19 3689 April 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Aegon
  Trump fan debates 12-yo and humiliates himself Foxaèr 5 1651 June 18, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Gender reversal in the presidential debates John V 11 4262 June 3, 2017 at 7:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Trump considering Dem for Sec of Defense? 8BitAtheist 0 687 November 21, 2016 at 11:37 am
Last Post: 8BitAtheist
  Live stream of Dem Convention. Brian37 171 16671 July 29, 2016 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1268 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Dem voters in America, listen up OP/ED Brian37 1 1045 January 21, 2015 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Brian37