Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yodelling offends praying Muslims
Yodelling offends praying Muslims
An Austrian man has been fined 800 Euros (about £700 give or take) for yodelling while happily mowing his lawn. *sigh* Yes, this world is doomed guys - click below to read full story.

Yodelling offends praying Muslims, say judges

Now indirectly addressing Muslims of various nationalities (other than Austrian, obviously) I can't help but ask: Do you as immigrants actually take the time to associate and familiarise yourselves with the culture and traditions of the country that you're currently in? Judging by this incident, apparently not. If this family had bothered to they'd then know Yodelling is a harmless custom. It is not offensive. People yodel. Fact of life. Get over it.

I've grown weary of Muslims demanding tolerance with respects to Islam, prayer, and so on, yet are abominably intolerant to all other walks of life. The other day I was walking through Porthkerry Park when a Muslim family walking by stopped right in their tracks, and start praying not quietly, but screaming like banshees. Do I get offended? No. However I feel they should behave appropriately and responsibly. I don't care what they believe, it's their right their privilege in the private place, within public areas however you are limited and don't have the right to not be offended.

A man can sing, dance, yodel, and do whatever the fuck he wants when he's happy, so long as it's legal.

Those judges should be sacked. That Muslim migrant family should be countersued and placed an injunction upon, hopefully someone with any sense will educate them on the various Alpine traditions.

To spite the world I'm Yodelling this week and encourage others to do the same at least until this serious wrong has been righted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52dBhbPLm3c
RE: Yodelling offends praying Muslims
Europe had best wake the fuck up.
Muslim prayers offends yodelling, and makes it possible for a perfectly blameless yodelling person to be mistaken for a worthless wishthinking jihad believing savage in the act of demeaning his homo sapien heritage in the general direction of mecca.
It seems these days people cannot not open their mouths least they offended some Muslims. 0_o

undefined
(December 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm)ziggystardust Wrote: It seems these days people cannot not open their mouths least they offended some Muslims. 0_o

And then muslims wonder why everyone hates their fucking guts? Not big on cause and effect those people!

(December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: An Austrian man has been fined 800 Euros (about £700 give or take) for yodelling while happily mowing his lawn. *sigh*

Maybe it's not only for yodelling, because he was also mocking and imitating the call of the Muezzin while the Muslims were in the middle of a prayer. That could be the main reason, eh?

(December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Do you as immigrants actually take the time to associate and familiarise yourselves with the culture and traditions of the country that you're currently in?

Yes, and I do understand the differences between culture and Islam. So, I don't get offended when I see other people singing, dancing, jumping, or even ... yodelling!
(December 2, 2010 at 5:32 am)Rayaan Wrote: Maybe it's not only for yodelling, because he was also mocking and imitating the call of the Muezzin while the Muslims were in the middle of a prayer. That could be the main reason, eh?

Still seems an overly 'touchy' reaction.

Islam does seem to be the most easily offended religion after scientology.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 2, 2010 at 5:32 am)Rayaan Wrote: Maybe it's not only for yodelling, because he was also mocking and imitating the call of the Muezzin while the Muslims were in the middle of a prayer. That could be the main reason, eh?
Don't even bother playing devil's advocate. Yodelling sounds nothing like the religious chant in question:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QTkC-TTzZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9oxbyLlAYI

Quote:
(December 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Do you as immigrants actually take the time to associate and familiarise yourselves with the culture and traditions of the country that you're currently in?
Yes, and I do understand the differences between culture and Islam. So, I don't get offended when I see other people singing, dancing, jumping, or even ... yodelling!
I'm glad. Its a pity I can't say the same about all Muslims. Its one thing to get offended, but its a whole other can of worms being opened when one uses that as an excuse to consider bringing civil action against another person. What these Muslims did was nothing short of despicable...
It certainly could be the reason. It still doesn't justify a fine though.
Quote:I've grown weary of Muslims demanding tolerance with respects to Islam, prayer, and so on, yet are abominably intolerant to all other walks of life.
Not tolerance. They want special treatment. Anyway, why show tolerance towards those who show none for others?
Respect goes both ways, but apparently it's a one way thing with these Muslim idiots.
Why don't we just form a mob and go kick the shit out of them? I'm done putting up with these stone aged morons. They haven't quite caught up to our level of advancement. Just look at what they wear, sheesh!
Just a bunch of dirty rags.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2190 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4024 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5655 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11505 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7636 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1588 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1009 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 511 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17661 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Good Muslims account_inactive 26 4573 March 3, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive