Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:27 pm

Poll: Do you like the idea of having a sports section for this forum?
This poll is closed.
Yes
68.97%
20 68.97%
No
31.03%
9 31.03%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote - Sports Section
Vote - Sports Section
Some members suggested the idea of creating a new sports section in this forum, such as here, here, here, and recently, here.

I considered doing this as well one time, and I personally think that a sports section would generate a decent amount of discussions. There are probably many others who would like a sports section in this forum, but just haven't said anything. So, now I created a poll to see how many members support this idea and how many don't.

Note that I didn't include an "I don't care" option in the poll. I made it like that so that people choose whichever of the two options they support the most (i.e. either "yes" or "no"). But, if you are truly indifferent about having a sports section, then just don't vote at all.

After enough people have cast their votes, the staff members will discuss the issue and cast their own votes, or they may vote in this thread also, if they wish.

RE: Vote - Sports Section
Just going to put this here while I have the opportunity..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVdca9U9LM
Like I said before, I don't oppose a new forum and some members might get a kick from it, so why not?

Oh, and carrying a ball in your hands its not football *rimshot*
Of course!!!!

The world championship is just arround the corner!

And I will annoy everyone when Germany kicks everyone off the field, especialy the Dutch.

Although I honestly believe that Brazil, Spain or Portugal will take home the prize this time.
I voted 'no' as a public service for those of us who hate American fooz-ball. If I wanted testosterone heavy posturing from couch commandos still bickering over a bad call made in '92 I could just go to a bar.

Now, if someone clarifies that topless mud wrestling is indeed a sport, I can be convinced to change my vote.
Re: Vote - Sports Section
I voted no as I've never been interested in sport other than F1 and WRC.
Voted yes. I'm not a huge fan of carrying-the-ball-in-your-hand but I watch some games. Between watching paint dry and watching baseball, I'd have to go with baseball .. but it's close. Basketball is the game I watch most. Love watching the local lads -GS Warriors- kick ass in the NBA. Then there is badminton. table tennis and bikini volleyball which are rarely televised but just amazing. Also a fan of the X game sports. So sure, let there be a forum for sports.
I've always wanted to talk football on here with other members (or soccer, to some people), but I've never got the vibe that too many others are into it. Maybe with an actual sports forum people will be more willing to discuss the different sports and sports teams they like, talk about the ongoing sports seasons etc.

I'm for it.
I don't care much for sports, but I will not deny others the pleasure to talk about it. If I have to mention a favorite sport, it would be some kind of martial art. Perhaps Aikido Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Good call, Kay, I didn't even think of the martial arts potential of a sports section. If adding it increases the likelyhood of some non-wushu kung-fu discussion I am down for it. :3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the adult section? FrustratedFool 33 2636 August 26, 2023 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Serious] Human Rights Section: the voting topic WinterHold 64 6919 July 22, 2020 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Human Rights Section WinterHold 58 5736 July 15, 2020 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 906 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Blog section? *Deidre* 112 14192 May 12, 2018 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Which would be the appropriate section for certain movie discussions Astonished 2 1244 January 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Donald Trump section in the forum. paulpablo 18 1982 December 1, 2016 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Adding a "Life Stories" section to the forum Heat 7 1846 December 2, 2015 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Heat
  Rant section DIRTY_DEEDS_93 2 1175 March 23, 2015 at 2:48 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Economics section? Something completely different 6 2402 September 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist