Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compulsory swearing subsection suggestion
Compulsory swearing subsection suggestion
Could we have a subsection whereby swearing and offensive language is compulsory?

I think this would actually be quite productive. Swearing and offensive language would be utterly cheapened by over-exposure. No one would therefore be able to take offense because of bad language but only by what people actually thought. Which is basically the intention of the proposed civility subsection.

It would also allow people to basically 'get it out their system'. A bit like new years eve in Germany where everyone tries blowing each other up with fireworks before going back to following the rules for the rest of the year. Or red hour from the Star Trek episode The Return of the Archons. In fact we could even have the background of the section red so people don't mistake it for the rest of the forum and accidentally be polite.

I think such a subsection would allow the rest of the forum to become more civil. It would be the equivalent of 'taking it outside'. TTA for example has The Viper's pit where they send discussions that have become too heated.
RE: Compulsory swearing subsection suggestion
R’lyeh is a bit like that already. I don’t think forcing people to swear is a good idea.
What about solemnly?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Jesus fucking Christ!

Where do these topics gestate ??

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hahaha.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(May 11, 2018 at 9:34 am)Tiberius Wrote: R’lyeh is a bit like that already. I don’t think forcing people to swear is a good idea.

How about forcing everyone to listen to .......... "Fill in the blank"?
I think this is a great mother fucking idea!
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Fuck yea! Big Grin
My love, I am not a god, but I am fucking trying to.
Jesus H Christ on a fucking crutch!  What a wonderful goddamn idea!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Install Soma Tablet Depositories On All Threads Violet 17 2429 May 3, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Suggestion: atheism source links Foxaèr 3 1072 April 28, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Does this already exist? If not, count it as a suggestion Reltzik 26 2930 October 3, 2018 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Joods
  Sub forum suggestion Joods 2 970 July 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Code suggestion Joods 30 4773 May 21, 2018 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Civility subsection suggestion Catholic_Lady 400 43998 May 11, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Min's Rep Indication Suggestion Edwardo Piet 42 3992 October 19, 2017 at 10:25 am
  Suggestion for debate forum ErGingerbreadMandude 1 1238 December 20, 2016 at 5:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Tagging suggestion Foxaèr 12 2419 November 19, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  So I have a suggestion BrokenQuill92 1 1309 October 1, 2016 at 8:51 am