Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members
Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members
I'm wondering if people would be interested in a group Skype chat where we pray to Satan, the God of critical thinking?

Being atheists most of us know that prayer doesn't do anything. But this is not for our sake, but to let our Christian brethren know that we are thinking about them, and care about their intellectual development. Satan, being a Christian deity, would therefore be the ideal choice to pray to.

Of course most atheists are agnostic atheists so it would be like a form of Pascal's wager. If Satan really does exist then it might have some effect. But if he doesn't then no harm done.
RE: Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members
Well, I might choke laughing, but ...
Prayer won't do shit. Start a gofundme page for deprogramming.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 20, 2018 at 8:31 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Prayer won't do shit. Start a gofundme page for deprogramming.

Who would be paid to do the deprogramming? Us? I like this idea. Unless we're the ones funding it.
(May 20, 2018 at 8:33 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 20, 2018 at 8:31 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Prayer won't do shit. Start a gofundme page for deprogramming.

Who would be paid to do the deprogramming? Us? I like this idea. Unless we're the ones funding it.

It will be pricey. We'll probably need professional kidnappers and a secure facility. Maybe the Scientologists can lend a hand and some funds.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 20, 2018 at 6:10 am)Mathilda Wrote: I'm wondering if people would be interested in a group Skype chat where we pray to Satan, the God of critical thinking?

Being atheists most of us know that prayer doesn't do anything. But this is not for our sake, but to let our Christian brethren know that we are thinking about them, and care about their intellectual development. Satan, being a Christian deity, would therefore be the ideal choice to pray to.

Of course most atheists are agnostic atheists so it would be like a form of Pascal's wager. If Satan really does exist then it might have some effect. But if he doesn't then no harm done.

nominee for post of the year...
Can we bring some LaVeyan Satanist's into this?

What would deprogramming entail? Would you play the audiobook version of "The God Delusion" over and over? Or maybe "The Scathing Atheist?" That would just make them become obstinate.

But really, I don't care to be an Atheist missionary. Unless someone really wants to talk about that stuff and is ready to hear me out. I was never a pushy Christian either.

Religion can be very harmful, but there are worse things to be.
Well I was planning on love bombing the Christians with Satanic prayer, chanting and being around them all the time being as friendly and civil to them as possible so they grow so used to us that they can't be away from us.
As someone who engaged in satanic rituals as an atheist child for the pure fun of it, to make myself giggle, I would very much highly approve of actually doing this and I wish it were not just a joke. I'd actually do it. Let's actually do it. Let's actually organize it. If Satan exists He is less evil than God, that's for sure. Let's do this Pascal's Wager thing, it will be hilarious. We can laugh our bollocks and titties right off together. Maybe if we can convince our Christian 'friends' to sin hard enough then Satan will let them have fun in hell... but if they fail to be true sinners he'll send them to heaven to be tortured by a psychopathic genocidal maniac they call God (that never intervenes to prevent things such as child rape and animal torture "because reasons").

I know which deity I'd trust if I had to pick one. Hail Satan!

By the way: Here's one of my favorite songs ever by my favorite band ever:

Praise Satan! Hail Satan! They, Orbital, have an upcoming album due to be released on September 14th, called Monsters Exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_Exist
(May 20, 2018 at 6:10 am)Mathilda Wrote: I'm wondering if people would be interested in a group Skype chat where we pray to Satan, the God of critical thinking?

Do you boo boo...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2683 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 690 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87842 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12256 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1934 January 22, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 624 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Intercessory prayer is pointless RobbyPants 93 9915 October 27, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 1928 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Facetime/skype Drich 43 3830 May 25, 2018 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Lovely Religious Group ThortheMighty 0 679 February 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: ThortheMighty