Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phony Ark Hunters Denounced
Phony Ark Hunters Denounced
by other phony ark hunters.

I love it when xtian fools fight each other to see which pile of shit smells better.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=235033

Quote:More than a year and a half since Christian explorers trumpeted their alleged discovery of Noah's Ark atop Mount Ararat in Turkey, a war of words is escalating among fellow believers who call the claim an intentional deception that will disparage an actual find of the biblical vessel.

[Image: 45921590.popcorn.gif]
RE: Phony Ark Hunters Denounced
I love the fact the original team used Carbon dating to date the wood to 4,800 years old. Radiometric dating...it works for Biblical relics, but don't you dare try and use it to prove how old fossils and the Earth are!
There's more of a chance that someone will find Atlantis before anyone finds Noah's Ark. Wink

I recall when that story broke, it was pretty funny.

The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
Brilliant. If a job aint worth doing it aint worth doing well.

Even if they found a really big boat, with graffiti stating "Noah woz ere" and traces of animal dung petrified in the wood. How would any of that prove the existence of a god? Occams razer would suggest it is more likely that there was once a mad bronze age hermit with an animal fetish. Israeli archeology has spectacularly failed to evidence any of the OT, despite being very motivated; there is more honour in their refusal to invent 'evidence' than in any of the activities of crackpots in NAMI and the Discovery Institute.
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.
No possible comment on the "search for the ark" could fail to dignify the disgraceful idiocy beyond it's deserts.
(December 5, 2010 at 4:24 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I love the fact the original team used Carbon dating to date the wood to 4,800 years old. Radiometric dating...it works for Biblical relics, but don't you dare try and use it to prove how old fossils and the Earth are!

Big Grin

There was an incident some years ago when a fundie crackpot named Bryant Wood tried to use C-14 dating to "prove" Joshua and the Jericho story. Fundies everywhere were trumpeting carbon dating until the British museum re-calibrated the samples and all of a sudden Wood's dates were back where Kathleen Kenyon had placed them.

All of a sudden fundies didn't like C-14 dating anymore.

Phony bastards.

(December 5, 2010 at 6:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: There was an incident some years ago when a fundie crackpot named Bryant Wood tried to use C-14 dating to "prove" Joshua and the Jericho story. Fundies everywhere were trumpeting carbon dating until the British museum re-calibrated the samples and all of a sudden Wood's dates were back where Kathleen Kenyon had placed them.

All of a sudden fundies didn't like C-14 dating anymore.

Christian apologists will only accept an argument if it supports them and they're not embarrassed about inconsistency.

Have you noticed that when you demand contemporary evidence for Jesus, they tell you that people didn't write stuff down back then, a lot got lost, there wasn't the same degree of accuracy or reporting back then, etc.

Then they will tout the Gospel accounts and say "people would have cried 'false' if it wasn't true", as if there were suddenly ninja commando fact checkers ready to pounce on any rabbi writing something that wasn't true.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 5, 2010 at 5:32 pm)lilyannerose Wrote: There's more of a chance that someone will find Atlantis before anyone finds Noah's Ark. Wink

I think the legend of Atlantis stems from the destruction of the island of Santorini. In other words, I think we already found it. Noah's Ark will never be found, because it is fictional. Even if it wasn't, that shit would have disintegrated by now.
Quote:Have you noticed that when you demand contemporary evidence for Jesus, they tell you that people didn't write stuff down back then, a lot got lost, there wasn't the same degree of accuracy or reporting back then, etc.

Yes, sir. They lie like rugs.
(December 5, 2010 at 11:43 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(December 5, 2010 at 5:32 pm)lilyannerose Wrote: There's more of a chance that someone will find Atlantis before anyone finds Noah's Ark. Wink

I think the legend of Atlantis stems from the destruction of the island of Santorini. In other words, I think we already found it. Noah's Ark will never be found, because it is fictional. Even if it wasn't, that shit would have disintegrated by now.

Hey Shel, take a peek at this:

http://www.helike.org/

Quote:In 373 BC, a catastrophic earthquake and tsunami destroyed and submerged the ancient Greek city of Helike, on the southwest shore of the Gulf of Corinth. The sunken city gradually silted over until it disappeared without a trace. Ancient writers ascribed the disaster to the wrath of Poseidon, god of earthquakes and the sea.

Plato was about 56 when Helike dropped into the Gulf of Corinth and was living in nearby Athens. His two dialogues which mention "Atlantis" are Timaeus and Critias both of which are considered late works and dated to c 360 BC. So....one doesn't really have to resort to mythology to get an inkling of where Plato might have come up with his inspiration.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did they really find Noah's Ark? Jasper 19 1598 May 25, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why build an Ark? Fake Messiah 42 2900 March 24, 2023 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Noah's Ark (!) Shows How Seaworthy It Is In A Storm Minimalist 68 13576 January 10, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Noah's Ark water stored underground? Socratic Meth Head 17 3305 June 14, 2016 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Ricky Gervais Reading Noah's Ark. Koolay 3 1845 July 10, 2013 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The true story of Noah and the ark FKHansen 0 1520 July 9, 2013 at 7:49 am
Last Post: FKHansen
  Giant Noah's Ark likely landing in Kentucky orogenicman 81 21166 December 20, 2010 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Noah's ark circular? leo-rcc 13 4965 January 11, 2010 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Noah's Ark Zoo Darwinian 22 10416 September 4, 2009 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb