Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant Noah's Ark likely landing in Kentucky
Giant Noah's Ark likely landing in Kentucky
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40445249/ns/us_news-life/

This is so embarrassing, it makes me want to move out of my home state.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: Giant Noah's Ark likely landing in Kentucky
(December 1, 2010 at 9:27 am)orogenicman Wrote: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40445249/ns/us_news-life/

As another Kentuckian, let me say "ditto". Actually, Canada is looking better and better each day.

Are you around the Louisville area?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
HA! Try living in Texas!

Any state can build a creationist theme park, we produced George Bush!

Top THAT!

(Well, Alaska did produce Palin, they may have one-up on us.)
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(December 1, 2010 at 10:11 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(December 1, 2010 at 9:27 am)orogenicman Wrote: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40445249/ns/us_news-life/

As another Kentuckian, let me say "ditto". Actually, Canada is looking better and better each day.

Are you around the Louisville area?

Yes.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
No, not any state can build a creationist theme park. In some states the majority has evolved somewhat.
(December 1, 2010 at 11:27 am)Chuck Wrote: No, not any state can build a creationist theme park. In some states the majority has evolved somewhat.

Please, don't keep it a secret. To which states do you refer?

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Every state in western Europe outside of UK. :p
Quote:The ark and theme park are expected to attract 1.6 million visitors annually,

With the Creation Museum down the road it can be a sort of Grand Tour of Stupid.
A Creationist Theme Park?

Come on, kids! Let's go ride the Noah's Ark flume!

Let's check out Satan's House of Eternal Torture!

Who wants to ride The Ten Commandments Carousel?

The brochure says that Jesus gets crucified on the promenade at 3:00! We can't miss it!

Time for lunch! Let's eat at The Garden of Eden buffet!

They have an attraction where kids get to ride in the mouth of a fiberglass whale!

Let's go in the House of Plagues!

I want to go on the Morality Roller Coaster!

Look! Throw baseballs at Satan and win a prize! I want the huge stuffed angel!

I want to ride the Moses Defender of God Spin! Your car has a built-in slingshot that fires a laser beam at Egyptian soldiers!

Yeah, sounds like fun...
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(December 1, 2010 at 10:11 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: Are you around the Louisville area?

Move to Cincinnati! Big Grin
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did they really find Noah's Ark? Jasper 19 1573 May 25, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why build an Ark? Fake Messiah 42 2890 March 24, 2023 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1552 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  So Noah had crab lice Fake Messiah 0 530 July 18, 2021 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Noah and animals AniKoferBo 52 3376 January 28, 2021 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: no one
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2346 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious fundamentalists more likely to believe fake news OakTree500 30 3786 November 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: no one
  Are introverts less likely to like organised religion? Der/die AtheistIn 8 1340 March 22, 2018 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Noah's Ark (!) Shows How Seaworthy It Is In A Storm Minimalist 68 13562 January 10, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God) ProgrammingGodJordan 324 49089 November 22, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Chas