Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservatards Sliding Farther Into The Sewer
Conservatards Sliding Farther Into The Sewer
Pieces of sub-human shit.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/5/...=emaildkre

Quote:Undocumented immigrant saves child's life. Conservatives respond with failed humanity.

Quote:Most people praised this courageous and kind man for risking his safety to save the life of a child he did not know. 
But. We now know how conservatives in the Trump era react to such a story. 
Here are a few sample responses from commenters on FoxNews.com. 
Quote:I'd hate to think this was some kind of stunt and the child was put in danger to push some left wing communist agenda.
Quote:This a FAKE news story.
Quote:Fake news.

Same shit the scumbags pulled on the Parkland survivors. 

Simply despicable.
RE: Conservatards Sliding Farther Into The Sewer
You know, I don't know what to think. Obviously, I've been aware of the "culture wars" since prior to 2000. I guess I figured it was a product of the much-more connected world provided by the rise of the internet. I don't think I ever expected it to get this bad though.

I am to the point where I view Repugnicans with ever-more disgust, loathing and utter lack of respect. These people are vermin to me. Enemies of humanity and friends of ignorance, hatred and stupidity. Yeah, I guess I'm polarized.

There are truly good people out there who manage to rise above it though in ways I have failed to do. Joe Biden is a great man and so is my own Senator, John McCain. Obviously, I have disagreements with McCain on many issues but it doesn't stop me from recognizing what a great man he is and seeing how worthy of respect he is.

The problem is, most of the Repugnicans I see are unworthy of any respect at all. They are either disgusting, low-class, low-IQ idiots who actively advocate a return to the stone ages or gullible fools who have been duped by a man who is OBVIOUSLY nothing more than a shallow, amoral, circus clown.

We really do have a war on our hands - people who have vision vs fucking idiots.

Maybe I'm part of the problem with my own polarization but what am I to do? I absolutely cannot respect cretins like Trump or the fools who follow him.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I have the same pair of senators that you do.  I'm not all that impressed with either one of them.  It's all well and good to issue nasty press releases about the WLB but it would have been nice if they had voted against him.  I know all about McCain saving the Affordable Care Act but even there I think he did that more as a favor to his republicunt buddies who were running for re-election and would be spared the problem of having to vote "no" themselves.  McCain was not running and would never run again so it didn't matter if he bailed out Lindsey Graham and a couple of others.

Only the real Trumptards wanted to have the collapse of health insurance hung around their necks.  McCain saved them from themselves but he didn't do much for the rest of us.

Otherwise I see the same thing as you.  It all began with Nixon and that Moral Majority horseshit.  It has become a tribe of sanctimonious cocksuckers ever since.  They wrap themselves in the flag while they subvert the constitution.
We see the world through different glasses, Min, even though we are hoping to see the same thing. I'm an optimist at heart so I have a clearer view (or perhaps a distorted view in your opinion) of my opponent's good side.

I see John McCain as a man who has genuine idealistic aspirations of this world. Some of those are in conflict with what you and I see as worthy aspirations. But he is as honest in his aspirations as we are in ours. And before you say that Hitler was too, I think you can see the difference between Hitler and John McCain. McCain has the best wishes of us all at heart (at least I believe he does) as opposed to an absolute scumbag like Trump who only a fucking fool can fail to see has nothing but his own interests at heart.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
The problem with "optimism" is that it's rather subjective.

Everyone hides behind something to deal with the reality around them. Some people hide behind religion, some people hide behind makeup, some people hide behind facial piercings, and some people hide behind smiles. Hiding behind those things doesn't make the world a better place, in actuality. It just makes it better in the mind of the person preferring delusion over reality.
My biggest problem with McCain was that his only solution to any international problem was to drop bombs on it.

https://news.antiwar.com/2012/03/05/mcca...-on-syria/

Quote:McCain Demands Immediate US War on Syria

Says Attacking Syria 'The Only Realistic Way' to Aid Free Syrian Army  March 5, 2012

Until, that is, Obama actually thought about doing it.  Then McCain and his boy toy Graham got cold feet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/world...syria.html

AUG. 31, 2013

Quote:Even Senators John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, two Republicans who have pressed Mr. Obama to intervene more aggressively in Syria, said Saturday that they might vote no because the president’s plan was too limited. “We cannot in good conscience support isolated military strikes in Syria that are not part of an overall strategy that can change the momentum on the battlefield,” they said in a statement.

I always remember a comment by Nikita Kruschev.

Quote:Politicians are the same all over. They promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down USS JFK turned into razor blades onlinebiker 30 1759 October 8, 2021 at 4:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Turkey's Erdogan orders the conversion of Hagia Sophia back into a mosque AniKoferBo 91 2761 July 15, 2020 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Trump Turns G-7 into a Reality Show Jehanne 136 15608 June 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Train Carrying GOP Members Crashes Into Trash Truck A Theist 40 5685 February 1, 2018 at 6:43 am
Last Post: A Theist
  TCJA: Apple repatriating cash and pumping it into US economy John V 36 4243 January 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  ICE completes transformation into American Gestapo. The Grand Nudger 32 4199 January 10, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Is There No Change That Doesn't Make Conservatards Whine Like Little Bitches? Minimalist 19 1580 October 12, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  North Korea launches ballistic missile across northern Japan, falls into sea Alex K 45 11186 August 30, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 11714 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another van drives into a crowd in London Foxaèr 44 14102 June 20, 2017 at 10:43 am
Last Post: vorlon13