Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:20 am

Poll: So why so?
This poll is closed.
I don't know why but I do hate to hear about FW
0%
0 0%
I am a total fool. I never thought that FW exist regardless God.
28.57%
2 28.57%
Others.
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is wrong with FW?
What is wrong with FW?
Why atheists hate to hear that?

God or not God FREE WILL still affect our lives in the good or the bad so why atheists dislike to hear about it so much? Huh
RE: What is wrong with FW?
Usually when a theist brings up free will, it's an attempt to excuse their god for not solving problems that are out of our control. Why didn't he stop the rapist from raping? Free will. Ignoring the fact that he apparently values the rapist's free will over the victim's free will.

Plus there are stories in the bible where god specifically ignores free will, like Moses and the Pharaoh. Or Jonah. Or anyone else who doesn't kowtow to his demands.

Whether or not we actually have free will, which is apparently a debatable concept, it doesn't help from a theistic perspective.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 22, 2018 at 10:10 am)Chad32 Wrote: Usually when a theist brings up free will, it's an attempt to excuse their god for not solving problems that are out of our control. Why didn't he stop the rapist from raping? Free will. Ignoring the fact that he apparently values the rapist's free will over the victim's free will.

Plus there are stories in the bible where god specifically ignores free will, like Moses and the Pharaoh. Or Jonah. Or anyone else who doesn't kowtow to his demands.

Whether or not we actually have free will, which is apparently a debatable concept, it doesn't help from a theistic perspective.

Here once again we go back to the old religious way to deal with the issue which of course has nil to do with the reality. Shake Fist

Why you guys keep on thinking that all theists believe in religions? Banghead
I keep forgetting there are some people who go off the wall, saying they worship a god without following the book or church's teachings. This must be how new cults are formed, except some people aren't able to get a following to start one.

I'll say most normal theists, then. I don't have an explanation for your type.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 22, 2018 at 10:23 am)Chad32 Wrote: I keep forgetting there are some people who go off the wall, saying they worship a god without following the book or church's teachings. This must be how new cults are formed, except some people aren't able to get a following to start one.

His type can be readily explained if he actually bangs what passes for his head against the wall every time he posts a emoticon of head banging against the wall.
Lil Rick calling me a fool is a compliment. It'll be when he thinks I'm brilliant that I'm worried!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(July 22, 2018 at 10:23 am)Chad32 Wrote: I keep forgetting there are some people who go off the wall, saying they worship a god without following the book or church's teachings. This must be how new cults are formed, except some people aren't able to get a following to start one.

There has always been a problem with those who look externally rather than internally where God reside so a multitude of dogmas are created.

However the old saying.............when the student is ready, the teacher will appear............is the correct one and any sincere person will not fall in the religious trap and therefore get the real McCoy of life.  Lightbulb
Does god talk inside your head every time you bang your head against the wall?
(July 22, 2018 at 10:37 am)Aroura Wrote: Lil Rick calling me a fool is a compliment. It'll be when he thinks I'm brilliant that I'm worried!

You are brilliant Aro.

Few more reincarnations and finally you will be able to get there.

That will not be long but at the end we all will end up in the same beautiful place.

Oh, by the way why you want to delay?  Huh
You seem like a complete troll, but somehow a funny one.
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 3888 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  God does not determine right and wrong Alexmahone 134 15144 February 12, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is wrong with this premise? Heywood 112 19080 February 21, 2015 at 3:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Abortion is morally wrong Arthur123 1121 158739 September 18, 2014 at 2:46 am
Last Post: genkaus
  The foundations of William L. Craigs "science" proven wrong? Arthur Dent 5 1290 July 25, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Rabb Allah
  Why is Kant's practical reason for God wrong? filambee 23 7018 October 29, 2013 at 1:27 am
Last Post: filambee
  Is it wrong to care about children? soman-rush 9 5566 August 9, 2013 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Morality without the righteous. What is right and wrong? Tranquility 35 9017 March 13, 2013 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: NoMoreFaith