Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The foundations of William L. Craigs "science" proven wrong?
The foundations of William L. Craigs "science" proven wrong?
William Craig advocates a theory of time called the A-theory/temporal becoming, made possible if the aether theory of H.A. Lorentz is reintroduced to generate God's very one special time.

If A-theory of time is true, in the Lorentz-aether sense, compatible with relativity. How can space-time ripple, i.e. gravitational waves? What puzzles me is that different parts of such a space-time ripple would not exist at the same time - some part would be in the future and some part would be in the past, and almost no part would be in the present?? Yet it seems gravitons have been detected:

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2014/march...31714.html

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/god-and-t...ng-of-time
RE: The foundations of William L. Craigs "science" proven wrong?
William Craig has extremely flexible points of view. I'm sure if something is proven wrong it won't upset his worldview but rather he'll embrace something else that proves his God. If God is so mighty, he wouldn't need William Craig to defend him, he could do it himself.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Didn't we beat "(a)ether" to death last century?

Ah yes. Mikey Mor! Here we go.

And at this point, I'd like to posit that Christians aren't necessarily stupid, they're just incredibly slow at picking up science. Remember that whole Galileo debacle?
(July 25, 2014 at 12:42 pm)Endo Wrote: Didn't we beat "(a)ether" to death last century?

Ah yes. Mikey Mor! Here we go.

And at this point, I'd like to posit that Christians aren't necessarily stupid, they're just incredibly slow at picking up science. Remember that whole Galileo debacle?

That is a quite naive interpretation. Don't forget that WLC has made a mint selling Bullshit.
Quote:And at this point, I'd like to posit that Christians aren't necessarily stupid, they're just incredibly slow at picking up science. Remember that whole Galileo debacle?

I'll stick with "stupid," thank you very much. And gullible. If xtians claim some dead jew came back to life for their fucking sins they'll believe anything.
WIlliam Lane Craid, a PhD in Philosophy and he cannot even make a philosophically sound argument for ontology. Pitiful
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 3891 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is wrong with FW? Little Rik 126 14224 August 17, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  God does not determine right and wrong Alexmahone 134 15161 February 12, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  William James and Belief In Belief Mudhammam 0 619 November 2, 2016 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  William Craig's problem with actual infinities. Jehanne 11 2375 February 2, 2016 at 12:12 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  What is wrong with this premise? Heywood 112 19089 February 21, 2015 at 3:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Abortion is morally wrong Arthur123 1121 158795 September 18, 2014 at 2:46 am
Last Post: genkaus
  Why is Kant's practical reason for God wrong? filambee 23 7019 October 29, 2013 at 1:27 am
Last Post: filambee
  Is it wrong to care about children? soman-rush 9 5571 August 9, 2013 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Morality without the righteous. What is right and wrong? Tranquility 35 9017 March 13, 2013 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: NoMoreFaith