Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Military Budget Just Increased By Another 100 Billion...Media Silent
US Military Budget Just Increased By Another 100 Billion...Media Silent
Why are there so many Democrats voting to give an "authoritarian menace" and a "puppet of Russia" an even bigger military budget? Surely - with an overt Fascist in the Oval Office - the Democrats should be clamoring to reduce the power of the military? Only ten senators voted against the increase to the military budget. What happened to the so-called "Resistance"?

Source
Common Dreams Wrote:40 Democrats and Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) joined nearly every Senate Republican on Wednesday to send a $717 billion military spending bill to President Donald Trump's desk.

Also:
139 House Democrats Join GOP to Approve $717 Billion in Military Spending

Here are the ten senators who voted against the spending measure:

How will the USA afford such an increase? How many people are asking that? USA can't have free healthcare for all but they can have an even bigger military?

RE: US Military Budget Just Increased By Another 100 Billion...Media Silent
We can't afford universal healthcare, but we can afford to give 100 billion to the military not long after they already gave them over 80 billion. We can afford a lot of things we don't spend money on in this country. We just can't afford to do it AND give massive tax cuts to the rich and shovel money into the bloated military budget.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(August 3, 2018 at 5:55 pm)Chad32 Wrote: We can't afford universal healthcare, but we can afford to give 100 billion to the military not long after they already gave them over 80 billion. We can afford a lot of things we don't spend money on in this country. We just can't afford to do it AND give massive tax cuts to the rich and shovel money into the bloated military budget.

It's very unfortunate to see so many members of the so-called "Resistance" happy with Donald's agenda and, therefore, failing to resist. What happened? I thought the Democrats were supposed to be resisting the "Manchurian Candidate"...

Because its an election year.
Defense spending increases are hardly the fuhrers agenda...it's a long bipartisan tradition of spinelessly selling out their respective bases. The folks themselves would probably remind you that the us military is not a traitor even if the president is.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The US will be a better place when schools can afford current text books and the Air Force has to hold bake sales to buy bombers!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
They seem to assist more often than they resist. Hence why they've lost so much, even with a recent democratic president.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The entire dem ethos is assistance to the GOP.  That's what the race to the "middle" to capture the rightward demographic amounted to.  

I bet they're so happy the rolls are chuck full of blue voting reds now...it all payed off!  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Eventually, a nation impoverished by militarism will seek to use the military to recoup the investment that can earn no other market rate returns.

I hope we crash and burn before we can extort from others what we can no longer produce because we made too many bombers and coal mines and not enough educated workforce.
Self defense is absolutely necessary. BUT....using it as a means of welfare for large contractors is a big no no in my opinion. We could easily trim off 25% of our defense budget, put that money somewhere else more useful. What's funny is this money only drips to those who are actually serving.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another billion dollar scam SimpleCaveman 12 906 January 14, 2024 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Last French Survivor of D-Day Leon Gautier dies at the age of 100 (Monday July 3rd) Leonardo17 0 358 July 8, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Jury Awards Sandy Hook Families Nearly $1 Billion BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1857 October 14, 2022 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 1956 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The last US military planes have left Afghanistan, marking the USA longest war. WinterHold 22 1582 August 31, 2021 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  M Flynn suggest military in swing states.... Brian37 52 1864 December 21, 2020 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3328 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "The 1 Billion Dollar Fraud" this fall on ABC Brian37 0 245 May 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Oz government crackdown on Social Media fredd bear 24 1717 March 31, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  So the way to honor our military is to do what? Brian37 9 1128 November 19, 2018 at 11:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist