Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another billion dollar scam
Another billion dollar scam
I get these kinds of scam-bait a lot. I doubt y’all would fall for it, but some of the people we know and love could.

Billion-dollar industry defrauding individuals of life savings
RE: Another billion dollar scam
So you want us to click on the link that you know is a scam.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 28, 2023 at 10:28 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: So you want us to click on the link that you know is a scam.

It isn’t a link to the scam, it’s to a news article about the scam.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 28, 2023 at 10:58 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It isn’t a link to the scam, it’s to a news article about the scam.
Boru
Thanks, Boru. Yes. And it has two sides of tragedy. Those who get millions stolen, of course, but also the thousands who are made slaves to do the scams.
I'm very much involved the scam-baiting world.

Really interesting stuff. I highly recommend people search YT for Kitboga, Jim Browning, and Scammer Payback who do incredible work bringing down Indian call centers and educating people on how to avoid this stuff.

Can you imagine if there was a global scam that successfully bilked people out of money every week via emotional manipulation and threats of prolonged violence?

Even worse imagine if that scam network was so far-reaching it was immune to tax laws
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Saw the CNN production.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 28, 2023 at 11:24 am)SimpleCaveman Wrote: Thanks, Boru. Yes. And it has two sides of tragedy. Those who get millions stolen, of course, but also the thousands who are made slaves to do the scams.

But you do get scammed every day by religion and you are also spreading that scam.

I guess my favorite scam is when I get a paper letter or a message online that I have inherited lots of money but I need to send money to get that insurance. Or recently I got a message from a supposed millionaire who is dying of cancer asking me if he can give me his money.

Or take scams in the gym. There was this ripped guy in the gym who started approaching me with his bits of advice on how to work out better - I knew immediately what was to happen. And, as clockwork, three sessions later he started selling me this very cheap protein powder that is, in his words, "all-natural". Then I told him that I am also selling a protein fluid that is so natural that he can suck it directly from nature through a meaty straw. I never saw him again.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 28, 2023 at 12:52 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: I'm very much involved the scam-baiting world.

Really interesting stuff.  I highly recommend people search YT for Kitboga, Jim Browning, and Scammer Payback who do incredible work bringing down Indian call centers and educating people on how to avoid this stuff.
Thanks for the pointers. Have you seen James Vietch’s stuff? He was doing it for comedy more than bringing them down. He did waste a lot of their time and it’s very funny

Other than education, I haven’t seen much for one to do to combat scammers and/or human trafficking (maybe worse than the scam). Do you have any suggestions?

(December 28, 2023 at 12:52 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Can you imagine if there was a global scam that successfully bilked people out of money every week via emotional manipulation and threats of prolonged violence?

Even worse imagine if that scam network was so far-reaching it was immune to tax laws
ba-dum-DUM
(December 29, 2023 at 11:07 am)SimpleCaveman Wrote:
(December 28, 2023 at 12:52 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: I'm very much involved the scam-baiting world.

Really interesting stuff.  I highly recommend people search YT for Kitboga, Jim Browning, and Scammer Payback who do incredible work bringing down Indian call centers and educating people on how to avoid this stuff.
Thanks for the pointers. Have you seen James Vietch’s stuff? He was doing it for comedy more than bringing them down. He did waste a lot of their time and it’s very funny

Other than education, I haven’t seen much for one to do to combat scammers and/or human trafficking (maybe worse than the scam). Do you have any suggestions?

(December 28, 2023 at 12:52 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: Can you imagine if there was a global scam that successfully bilked people out of money every week via emotional manipulation and threats of prolonged violence?

ba-dum-DUM

Most scam-baiting forums are a good start. 419 eater deals with similar romance/confidence scammers

As for combating them, education is their biggest enemy. 

Story time;  A year after my father passed my mother wanted to find a companion, She changed her Facebook status to widow, Almost immediately she was talking to someone who "stumbled" onto her profile.  She was quite resistant when I told her the guy wasn't real so I sat down with her and showed her all the guy's images were stolen, and the things he was typing were all copied and pasted.

I also showed her several YouTube videos of scam victims who received similar messages.  Eventually, I got through. Fast forward to today she not only is very educated on them but has helped a few of her online friends avoid them as well.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Is this a scam or a plot for J.Lo rom-com?

Quote:All India Pregnant Job service: The Indian men who fell for the scam

In early December Mangesh Kumar (name changed) was scrolling on Facebook when he came across a video from the "All India Pregnant Job Service" and decided to check it out.

The job sounded too good to be true: money - and lots of it - in return for getting a woman pregnant.

"Ten minutes after I'd clicked on the video, my phone rang. The man asked me to pay 799 rupees if I wanted to register for the job," he told me.

The caller - Mangesh calls him Sandeep sir - told him that he would be working for a company in Mumbai and that once he had signed up, he would be sent details of the woman he would have to impregnate.

They offered him half a million rupees - almost three years wages - just to have sex with the woman and promised further reward of 800,000 rupees if she conceived.

"I'm a poor man, I desperately need money so I believed them," the father of two young boys told me.

Over the next couple of weeks, Mangesh was asked to fork out more than 16,000 rupees - 2,550 rupees to obtain some court documents, 4,500 as safety deposit and 7,998 rupees as Goods and Services Tax (GST) on the money he was going to get.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-67860456

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jury Awards Sandy Hook Families Nearly $1 Billion BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1858 October 14, 2022 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Putin Announces Total Independence from ‘Rothschild-Controlled’ US Dollar ignoramus 0 437 February 15, 2021 at 3:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  "The 1 Billion Dollar Fraud" this fall on ABC Brian37 0 246 May 7, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4542 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Day, another derogatory book about Trump. Jehanne 25 2332 August 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  US Military Budget Just Increased By Another 100 Billion...Media Silent ReptilianPeon 23 3477 August 5, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  IRS tax scam phone call DO NOT ANSWER. Brian37 20 2305 January 30, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Alabama gets $1.6 billion auto plant John V 21 2582 January 14, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: John V
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6927 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  $81 million dollar bank heist !!! vorlon13 2 486 March 27, 2017 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf