Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Shit!!!!
Holy Shit!!!!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...948394002/

Quote:The first human trials of this experimental, cancer-killing drug could change everything

Quote:BXQ-350, by Bexion Pharmaceuticals of Covington, is a first-of-its-kind cancer treatment, a new approach discovered, developed and tested in Greater Cincinnati. The innovative drug is made from a human protein and does something unlike any other: It weaponizes the special mechanics of cancer to destroy it, without affecting healthy cells.

That the treatment killed nothing but cancer so jarred federal regulators that they had demanded more research in animals. But on a September day in 2016 at the University of Cincinnati’s Barrett Cancer Center, brainpower and money at last brought BXQ-350 to a critical first test for government approval.
RE: Holy Shit!!!!
Great steps forward, but as someone in training in the field of oncological pharmaceutics, I can't overstate the importance of being cautious and not giving in to sensationalism.

Quote:Of the 17 patients with cancer in the brain, lung, pancreas, prostate, colon, ovary and appendix, no one had a serious adverse event on BXQ-350. Seven patients lived at least three more months, and at least two even saw disease improvement. In Patient No. 1, the presentation noted, “measurable lesion reduction over time.”

I can only hope that the following phase II and phase III studies have similar results, but judging by what we currently know about cancer biology (and how it can literally evolve around a therapy) , my outlook is somewhat pessimistic.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
If it pans out, it'll be great.  Cancer that kills cancer.  Sweet.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's a potential big step forward.

But let's hope it's not just hype.
Dying to live, living to die.
Cancer doesn't have a right to live?
(August 9, 2018 at 6:13 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Cancer doesn't have a right to live?

Not according to pro-lifers!
Dying to live, living to die.
I heard about another cancer treatment from Dr. James tour dealing with nanomachines. The nano machines would be engineered to be attracted to and attach to cancer cells, at which point they would switch on a motor to drill into and destroy the cells.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(August 9, 2018 at 6:13 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Cancer doesn't have a right to live?

Fucking catholicks probably think it does.
Just had a horrid thought:  What if this news is fakery put out by some US republican fat-cat politico to help his stock portfolio?  Not like it hasn't happened before...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 3992073-Reggie-Watts-Quote-Religion-can-...ce-and.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I keep getting myself into shit Duke Guilmon 14 2723 August 23, 2017 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Holy Shit -- another CO2 record about to be set! Jehanne 10 1375 February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  When Jesus-Shit Gets Dangerous Minimalist 10 2982 May 16, 2016 at 11:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Something light hearted to distract from depressing shit in France. Whateverist 14 2310 November 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Seems Like The Books Of Holy Horseshit Minimalist 13 3346 May 22, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  More Shit For Creatards To Swallow Minimalist 28 4505 May 11, 2015 at 3:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Holy Crap He's an Idiot ThePinsir 31 5661 April 23, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  I'm Tired of Creatards Posting Their Shit Minimalist 9 3396 October 8, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Shit....not great news Minimalist 5 2304 June 10, 2013 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Another ID argument eats shit and dies popeyespappy 6 3011 April 25, 2013 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse