Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Jesus-Shit Gets Dangerous
When Jesus-Shit Gets Dangerous
People can die because of these fucking morons.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/mentally...ble-study/

Quote:Mentally ill man attempts suicide after clinic replaces his meds with Bible study
RE: When Jesus-Shit Gets Dangerous
Meds are better than god. Meds are real and productive, whereas gods are unreal and destructive.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
And meds are prescribed by people with some intelligence.....unlike fucking jesus who is prescribed by dickheads.
Didn't read the whole story, but the beginning pretty much says he got himself into this and that he wasn't mentally incapacitated when he did it, just anxious and depressed I believe. They shouldn't be allowing this kind of "help", it should be illegalized, but the guy shouldn't have been a moron either. I suppose he's fine now, right?
Looks like he checked himself into a bible based treatment program.

Time to move on, nothing to see here .. . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That's what you get when you let clergy practice medicine.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 10, 2016 at 8:25 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Didn't read the whole story,

Of course not.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
If he wanted to handle asps and drink poison, I see a strong right to do so.

Bible based counseling? Let 'em compete in the marketplace; if it works, it will crowd out less effective treatments, if it doesn't work, even more DEMONSTRABLE proof we are dealing with yet another false religion.

(just not eager to see them fucking up kids with their BBS, grownups can endanger themselves with their quack gospel crap till the cows come home)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 10, 2016 at 8:52 pm)IATIA Wrote:
(May 10, 2016 at 8:25 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Didn't read the whole story,

Of course not.

But he feels the he can comment as if he did. Typical.

The kid will probably be fine, once he's recovered from the damage done by yet another religious hack who has no medical training whatsoever.

Stopping antidepressant meds cold turkey has serious health ramifications Pastor Chucklefuck. Something you'd know if you ever bothered to at least do a little research.

The fact that anyone can be allowed to practice medicine in any way shape or form without oversight is frightening.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 10, 2016 at 9:55 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: The kid will probably be fine, once he's recovered from the damage done by yet another religious hack who has no medical training whatsoever.

Stopping antidepressant meds cold turkey has serious health ramifications Pastor Chucklefuck. Something you'd know if you ever bothered to at least do a little research.

The fact that anyone can be allowed to practice medicine in any way shape or form without oversight is frightening.

Stopping anxiety meds cold turkey can have some pretty severe consequences as well.

If they treat minors, eventually they'll be responsible for one dying - and there won't be a hole deep or dark enough to throw them into.

A serious acute mental health crisis is a fucking medical emergency. What these people are doing is quackery and IMHO should fall under the purview of their state medical board.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holy Shit!!!! Minimalist 15 1042 August 12, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I keep getting myself into shit Duke Guilmon 14 2702 August 23, 2017 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Holy Shit -- another CO2 record about to be set! Jehanne 10 1353 February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Russia Declares Homeopathy "dangerous 'pseudoscience' that does not work" FatAndFaithless 58 14307 February 12, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Panspermia Gets A Boost Minimalist 9 979 July 3, 2016 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Something light hearted to distract from depressing shit in France. Whateverist 14 2271 November 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  More Shit For Creatards To Swallow Minimalist 28 4473 May 11, 2015 at 3:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Dangerous Side of Evolutionary Change... Minimalist 16 5134 January 29, 2014 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Darkstar
  I'm Tired of Creatards Posting Their Shit Minimalist 9 3377 October 8, 2013 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Shit....not great news Minimalist 5 2297 June 10, 2013 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas