Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Tired of Creatards Posting Their Shit
I'm Tired of Creatards Posting Their Shit
Counter-offensive!

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/benton.html

Quote:The rejection of the validity of fossils and of dating by religious fundamentalists creates a problem for them:

Millions of fossils have been discovered.

They cannot deny that hundreds of millions of fossils reside in display cases and drawers around the world. Perhaps some would argue that these specimens - huge skeletons of dinosaurs, blocks from ancient shell beds containing hundreds of specimens, delicately preserved fern fronds — have been manufactured by scientists to confuse the public. This is clearly ludicrous.

Some skeptics believe that all fossils are the same age.

Otherwise, religious fundamentalists are forced to claim that all the fossils are of the same age, somehow buried in the rocks by some extraordinary catastrophe, perhaps Noah’s flood. How exactly they believe that all the dinosaurs, mammoths, early humans, heavily-armored fishes, trilobites, ammonites, and the rest could all live together has never been explained. Nor indeed why the marine creatures were somehow ‘drowned’ by the flood.

Rejecting fossil data cannot be supported by proof.

The rejection of dating by religious fundamentalists is easier for them to make, but harder for them to demonstrate. The fossils occur in regular sequences time after time; radioactive decay happens, and repeated cross testing of radiometric dates confirms their validity.

Fuck god and the morons who believe in him.
RE: I'm Tired of Creatards Posting Their Shit
It takes a special kind of ignorance to be a christard.

[Image: Realitycheck_zpseb8c1ddb.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

Their brains are fossilized. Maybe this denial is a simple indication of self loathing, which incidentally is a good response for willful stupidity.
http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/lenski.html

Quote:Evolutionary biology is a strong and vigorous field of science. A theoretical framework that encompasses several basic mechanisms is consistent with the patterns seen in nature; and there is abundant evidence demonstrating the action of these mechanisms as well as their contributions to nature. Hence, evolution is both a theory and a set of established facts that the theory explains.

Like every other science, there is scientific debate about some aspects of evolution, but none of these debates appear likely to shake the foundations of this field. There exists no other scientific explanation that can account for all the patterns in nature, only non-scientific explanations that require a miraculous force, like a creator. Such super-natural explanations lie outside of science, which can neither prove nor disprove miracles. Science provides us with a compelling account and explanation of the changing life on Earth. It should also remind us of our good fortune to have come into being and our great responsibility to ensure the continuity of life.

Fuck god and the morons who believe in him.
It's easy for them to deny evolution when it hasn't happened to them yet.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(October 8, 2013 at 10:50 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: It's easy for them to deny evolution when it hasn't happened to them yet.

I see what you did there.
[Image: Evolution.jpg]

[Image: creationism31.gif]

[Image: evolution.jpg]
New hybrid shark shows evolution in action

I know what SavedByIdiocy will say: "It's still just a shark."
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Good thing about science (and reality) is, it doesn't matter if they disagree with the evidence. It's still right, and they'll always be wrong.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 8, 2013 at 1:20 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: New hybrid shark shows evolution in action

I know what SavedByIdiocy will say: "It's still just a shark."

Exactly - now if that shark turned into a cat/dog/turnip.....

Actually only one of the above - we don't want to get silly about this.

Confused Fall

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holy Shit!!!! Minimalist 15 1079 August 12, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Woe unto those who depend on the bible for their knowledge of evolution Whateverist 1 557 August 7, 2018 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Transgender kids’ brains resemble their gender identity, not their biological sex Foxaèr 19 3289 May 23, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  How did our cells get their "information"? Sayetsu 26 3684 March 26, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks vorlon13 13 1442 December 22, 2017 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I keep getting myself into shit Duke Guilmon 14 2727 August 23, 2017 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Holy Shit -- another CO2 record about to be set! Jehanne 10 1379 February 26, 2017 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Dear Creatards: Suck On It Minimalist 1 590 June 24, 2016 at 12:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  When Jesus-Shit Gets Dangerous Minimalist 10 2982 May 16, 2016 at 11:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Once Again - Science Does Stuff While Religitards Read Their Silly Old Books! Minimalist 6 1179 March 8, 2016 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13