Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism
The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism
Hey all.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been wanting to put certain things out into the world recently due to frustrations with the way society is I guess. Despite it likely being in vein, I guess it still feels good to do.

Recently, I put out a video on the reasons that lead me to Atheism. These reasons I've also never seen addressed or even attempted to be refuted by creationists (if anyone has links to some debates id be interested), so I thought i'd share and see what peoples 2 cents was or give value to "new" atheists. I stopped believing in god only about 2 years ago and Im 35. It was a strange feeling, that didn't go away straight away, I'll say that.

Anyway, I hope its ok to share. If not, no worries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waaS_zg9dcY
RE: The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism
30/30 rule buddy, snip out that video and give us your arguments in a written form. Hurry before the mods squish you / cut you up with a scalpel / cause you a catastrophic rectal prolapse and strangle you with your intestines
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Welcome aboard.  You say you escaped a cult two years ago?  Which one?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That's an interesting choice of words. I suppose it was the Cult of Catholicism
The grandaddy of all modern cults, lol.  Gratz on that.....seems like a good time to get out from under them.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Did a priest touch you or make you touch him in a way that made you uncomfortable?

Welcome aboard. We absolve you of any guilt you feel for dropping the faith of your fathers.
(August 16, 2018 at 1:18 pm)Chimera7 Wrote: That's an interesting choice of words. I suppose it was the Cult of Catholicism

They are all cults.

[Image: frank-zappa-quote-the-only-difference-be...ligion.jpg]
Welcome.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 16, 2018 at 1:01 pm)Chimera7 Wrote: Hey all.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been wanting to put certain things out into the world recently due to frustrations with the way society is I guess. Despite it likely being in vein, I guess it still feels good to do.

Recently, I put out a video on the reasons that lead me to Atheism. These reasons I've also never seen addressed or even attempted to be refuted by creationists (if anyone has links to some debates id be interested), so I thought i'd share and see what peoples 2 cents was or give value to "new" atheists. I stopped believing in god only about 2 years ago and Im 35. It was a strange feeling, that didn't go away straight away, I'll say that.

Anyway, I hope its ok to share. If not, no worries.

Welcome.

First, there are like 5 billion people in the world that are somewhere between 'atheism' and 'creationism'. Second, from what I heard, your objections are...well...softballs. Mainly consisting on non-specific skepticism, mischaracterizations, or question begging reasoning.

I look forward to you giving one of your arguments a try.
An argumentum ad populum is never very impressive, Stevie.  Back when you think your godboy was wandering around most people "believed" that demons caused illness.

They don't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4414 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2485 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Those who never believed in a God Der/die AtheistIn 28 5142 July 30, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27046 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheists who have never read common atheist literature ComradeMeow 68 9777 March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  What if christianity never existed ? Torin 80 7636 September 14, 2016 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
Video The Reasons why "Just Following Jesus" Doesn't work Mental Outlaw 1346 248769 July 2, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Never Grow Tired Rhondazvous 12 2719 May 22, 2015 at 10:22 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  It is never Ok, OP/ED Brian37 24 5127 February 15, 2015 at 5:51 am
Last Post: jesus_wept
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12442 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott